POWERCAST #1: WHAT I LEARNED FROM SPENDING 3 WEEKS ALONE IN BALI

Dayka Robinson's Powercast Logo

3 weeks of vacation in Bali?? Sounds like a blast, right? Well it was….and then it wasn’t.  The real story of my 3 weeks alone in Indonesian “paradise”…

10 Comments on POWERCAST #1: WHAT I LEARNED FROM SPENDING 3 WEEKS ALONE IN BALI

1. Brittni Pope
    March 29, 2016 at 3:31 pm (12 months ago)

Hi Dayka,

So good to hear your voice and to hear more about your experience in Bali! Thank you for sharing your truth and amazing insight on the journey to get there and during your stay. You’ve got a fantastic voice for podcast style posts, very easy and soothing to listen to! As someone who’s been desparately trying to get to Bali, it’s cool to hear about it from the perspective of someone who’s approach to life and travel is extremely closely aligned with mine. Great job!! I hope that you are doing spectacular!!! Sending you an overflow of love!! Miss you!!

• DaykaRobinson
      March 29, 2016 at 9:55 pm (12 months ago)

Brittni:

Thank YOU for your feedback–I know I’m not the only one who feels like my voice sounds so different when it’s coming out of my own head! I have NO DOUBT you will get to Bali, as I’ve seen you manifest something just that big before. I think you’ll probably love it there, too! Miss you and hope that Cali is treating you kindly. Store my Air BNB picks for when your trip is ready and make your wishlist now–it’s coming!

xo,
      D

2. V.
    March 29, 2016 at 8:39 pm (12 months ago)

I listened to this in the car on my way home. This is typically my “thinking” me time and this podcast couldn’t have been more applicable to most everything I think about!! Without sounding stalkerish (LOL!), this resonated so perfectly with how I envision my dream life — even down to the part about preferring not to be in the touristy parts of town or finding the lessons even in the bad! 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing. I have followed all of your travel adventures! I can’t wait to hear more of your podcasts.

• DaykaRobinson
      March 29, 2016 at 9:52 pm (12 months ago)

V-

It doesn’t sound stalker-ish AT ALL (lol)! I think that the only things that are really true are those things that are true for all of us, so I feel glad that I shared what I did–the fact that it resonates with you is a good reminder to me that I’m on the right track (hope this makes sense). And I had a thought while reading this: me sharing my story is like a paradigm for you, the same way the German family in Bali was a new paradigm for me (check out my IG post if you don’t know the whole story). Thank YOU for taking the time to listen to the podcast, follow my adventures and be an encouraging support moving forward. I’m so grateful.

Xo,
      D

3. Rae
    March 30, 2016 at 7:21 pm (12 months ago)

Dayka!!! This was great! Please do it again and again. Also, you have a great voice. I truly enjoyed it. 🙂

• DaykaRobinson
      March 31, 2016 at 12:03 am (12 months ago)

Rae:

Thank you!!!! I will, I promise. My voice still sounds so weird to me, lol. Thanks so much for the feedback!

Xo,
      D

4. Rachel
    April 1, 2016 at 9:18 pm (12 months ago)

Dayka, I am so continually glad that I stumbled upon your instagram account, because you continually inspire me. Thank you for this wonderful podcast! – Rachel

• DaykaRobinson
      April 1, 2016 at 9:35 pm (12 months ago)

Rachel:

I’m glad you found me, too! New ventures, while exciting, can also be a bit scary. I appreciate you listening & sharing your feedback–thank you!

Xo,
      D

5. Darcel
    April 23, 2016 at 2:01 pm (11 months ago)

The Powercast was great. I’m a lover of all things travel, so it was great to hear about your trip to Bali. Although I do enjoy reading about your trips on the blog, I think there’s something more personal about hearing it told to me rather than just reading about it. I listened while I was cleaning up the house and it made the chores go faster! Terrific job. Can’t wait to hear more.

• DaykaRobinson
      April 24, 2016 at 7:21 pm (11 months ago)

Darcel:

I agree. There’s just something about hearing to someone’s voice and listening their cadence/syntax that makes a podcast jump out at you more. Thank you for your feedback–I appreciate it! Putting another one out this week….

Xo,