OFFICE FLOOR PLANS…CHOOSE YOUR FAVE

I am stuck, stuck, stuck.
Can’t decide on which layout I want for my new office. The good news is that I have plenty of square footage and will be able to fit everything I need, specifically storage, in my repurposed space. I have a few ideas in mind for desks, but I can’t make a final decision until I get the layout situated. So here’s where I want to hear your opinions–let me know your preference in the comments (all but the last 3 floor plans are in scale, so you’ll get an idea of what I’m working with) and maybe that will help me hurry up & make a decision!
So far, I love the idea of doing a long desk on the window wall a la Amber Interiors
But the desk would have to be pretty big to balance the 2 windows (which are not centered) and I don’t know if that makes since it’s just me for now. And of course I love the layout that Lee whipped up, no ifs, ands or buts
And I’ve always loved this number by Jean Randazzo but moreso because I love the feel. When I look at it, it screams comfy chic home office…a place where you can clock 12 hours (in style) and not want to kill yourself when it’s time to head to bed.
But I’m also drawn to having a large workspace in the room–great for working through fabric & tile samples or drawing sketches. There’s no shortage of workspace in this Vintage Modern number…
(source??)

So don’t be shy now…which layout is your fave??

13 Comments on OFFICE FLOOR PLANS…CHOOSE YOUR FAVE

1. charmaine
    September 19, 2012 at 8:10 am (5 years ago)

Look-wise, I like 1 and 7. #8 if you don’t have a wireless pc system.

Tough decision. I’m sure it’s going to look awesome!

2. La Monica
    September 19, 2012 at 8:48 am (5 years ago)

It’s a toss up between 1 & 4.

3. Tiffany
    September 19, 2012 at 8:55 am (5 years ago)

I like 1 & 8. I’m going through a less is more phase in my life.

4. Tonia B.
    September 19, 2012 at 2:31 pm (5 years ago)

I like #2 though your ultimate decision will be determined how you intend to use your office. i.e Will it be strictly office space? Will you see clients in your office? I’m sure that you will be it be great once you decide.

5. Shelly
    September 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm (5 years ago)

I like plan # 1 and plan # 7 but would do low bookcases under the windows and maybed a work table flanked by two tall bookcases on the wall behind the desk.
    And, I always vote for the desk/chair to be facing so your back it not to the door! Can’t wait to see the finished space.

6. Michael K.
    September 19, 2012 at 3:46 pm (5 years ago)

4th down, imho……….

7. pve design
    September 19, 2012 at 3:47 pm (5 years ago)

I love #1 & #4 – Perhaps 2 slipper chairs connected to make a sofa and then the option to divide if clients come for seating.
    pve

8. Anonymous
    September 19, 2012 at 4:58 pm (5 years ago)

Number 1…definitely

9. Melissa I.
    September 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm (5 years ago)

My only thought is to not have your back to the door. I am not a fan of walking into an office and seeing the back of someone’s head instead of a smiling face – but that’s just me. That being said, my favorites are 1 and 4. If I had to narrow it down, 4 is my favorite.

10. Missi Smith
    September 19, 2012 at 11:27 pm (5 years ago)

I think I like #1 – nope, I don’t think – I know – it’s def #1.

11. Kim@Chattafabulous
    September 20, 2012 at 11:42 am (5 years ago)

I like #4 best. I think the desk in front of the book cases would be such a dramatic and strong focal point as you enter the office. I also don’t like the idea of having my back to the door while working, but that’s just me.

12. Erika at BluLabel Bungalow
    September 22, 2012 at 12:03 pm (5 years ago)

I like any of them with the bookcase behind the desk. I’m always reaching for something from my bookcase…mags, fabric samples, etc. and find it convenient to have it all within reach without having to get up. Lazy I know…

I also love having my workspace in the middle of the room. Just clean the desk [shove it into a closet] before a client shows up