SCENES FROM A MASTER BEDROOM REDESIGN

So those fabulous vintage Mid Century arm chairs that I had reupholstered made their way to their new home this weekend. We’re still not 100% complete, but all the major pieces are in and I’m already loving how everything’s turned out

Paint is actually (still) gonna happen here. Seems a bit backwards, but their current wall color is very mutable and once I saw the grasscloth up in the room (rockstar homeowners installed it themselves!), I knew paint was a must. We’ll be testing some darker colors, which really excites me (and them, hopefully). So fresh paint plus a few additional pieces & we’ll be totally done…I’ve loved this project AND these clients!!
 Sweet & pretty profesh pics to come

14 Comments on SCENES FROM A MASTER BEDROOM REDESIGN

1. court
    August 23, 2012 at 7:20 am (5 years ago)

looks AMAZING!! Very tranquil but has a ton of interest in there with texture and patterns.

you’re killing me with the curtains. LOVING them.

xx

2. charmaine
    August 23, 2012 at 8:29 am (5 years ago)

Dayka, you hit it out of the park! I love it! Looks amazing!

3. Jae
    August 23, 2012 at 9:29 am (5 years ago)

I love those curtains.

4. LiveLaughDecorate
    August 23, 2012 at 10:09 am (5 years ago)

Chairs look amazing! Love the the dueling fabrics. Did you make them the same size in the end? They no longer look like the his and hers. Clients who install their own wallpaper? That is bad-ass indeed. My other faves: wallpaper, curtains and those stools. Great job.

5. La Monica
    August 23, 2012 at 11:21 am (5 years ago)

Love it! Fave elements are the greek key ribbon design on the curtains, the custom ottomans and arm chairs, and the grass cloth. It’s all layered very well. It has somewhat of a spa vibe going but still has a homey feel to it. Great job!

6. La Monica
    August 23, 2012 at 11:23 am (5 years ago)

Oops, I said “spa-like” but meant “hotel-like” vibe.

7. Holly
    August 23, 2012 at 12:45 pm (5 years ago)

Out of this world Dayka – the room looks awesome. Your clients must spend all of their time in there. I love those chairs but the overall look is so nice. I love the bedding and the window treatments. Great work!!

8. Kim
    August 23, 2012 at 2:39 pm (5 years ago)

If this was my bedroom I would never leave!!!!!! This is amazing!

9. Michelle
    August 23, 2012 at 11:27 pm (5 years ago)

Great job, loving everything!!!!

10. Anonymous
    August 24, 2012 at 8:43 am (5 years ago)

Hi Ms DR:)
    Have followed ur blog 4 a while & love love love ur fierceness!!!! Very classic and modern at the same time. Ur turnaround time seems so quick…I’m amazed. I will be very interested to see what paint colors u come up with. I’m not a designer but I love great design. I’m a seamstress who loves all things that are ‘fabric & color’. Can I say it again…love ur work. Mender56

11. Amanda
    August 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm (5 years ago)

oh my gosh!!!! girl this is awesome!!! Well done!!

12. b3hd
    August 30, 2012 at 2:14 am (5 years ago)

Gorgeousness! LOVE how everything just flows so beautifully. Front to back and side to side. Love those chairs even more in context.