MASTER BEDROOM PROGRESS

I bought my home in 2006 and it’s still far from finished (anyone else out there who can relate?). I tend to get inspired about specific elements and start skipping around to different rooms, so I promised myself that (this year) I would only focus on one room at a time, and complete each project before moving on to the next.  My first job? The master bedroom. I’ve been diligently sourcing & refinishing second-hand items but needed to swap out a previously purchased chair for something with a little more height & heft. I was originally thinking wingback, but really had my heart set on a wood-frame style (it’s actually called a Bergére chair–see tomorrow’s post!), which I thought would be extremely difficult to find. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon exactly what I was looking for being sold by an owner who was so desperate to get rid of it, she threw in a second chair & gave me a ridiculous deal to get them off her hands.

I’m actually LOVING the retro flame stitch and wish it wasn’t in such tattered condition–I would absolutely refinish the frame and use it as-is, but no such luck (how in the world did it get so torn up in the first place??). The plan is to strip & seal the frame (going for a rustic look), and then reupholster the cushions in a charcoal linen with a double white piping. Not the statement piece I was first imagining, but I think the simple, classic look will work better in my space. I can’t quite show you pics yet, but I can show you what’s in my room!
Headboard:
(gotta love these horrid photos…)
Nightstands:
Dresser:
Mirror:
Lamps:
Stools:
 Having a hard time putting it all together?? Hopefully you won’t be in suspense much longer once the chair is finished. Stay tuned for a complete reveal soon!

15 Comments on MASTER BEDROOM PROGRESS

1. Tonia
    June 28, 2011 at 7:26 am (6 years ago)

Yes I can relate. You have everything but it’s difficult to pull it all together. I especially love those chairs. Every bedroom needs a place to sit and yes too bad the fabric is torn. Looking forward to seeing your room.

2. Bri@Meyouandawiener
    June 28, 2011 at 8:53 am (6 years ago)

Dang gurl, you find some hood stuff!! I luff the long white dresser!

3. Dayka (Life +Style)
    June 28, 2011 at 9:17 am (6 years ago)

Thanks, Tonia! I actually have everything (that’s getting recovered or refinished) done except for the chair and finding some wall art. Even with it not being 100% completed, it feels WAAAYYYY better than it did before–nothing worse than living with things you hate!

@Bri: I saw “hood” and thought, “what??”. i looked down & saw the “g” was next to the “h” & then it made sense. Shout out to my Baker dresser–it’s one of my favorites, so thanks!

4. Kim@Chattafabulous
    June 28, 2011 at 10:40 am (6 years ago)

I completely understand. I keep getting off track when I find great unexpected pieces for a different room and then nothing gets done. I love your chairs and it’s such a shame about the flamestitch – it’s quite gorgeous! Cannot wait to see your bedroom, your pieces all have great potential in your creative hands!

5. Flavia @ Estilo Home
    June 28, 2011 at 10:49 am (6 years ago)

You have all the elements of an awesome room! Can’t wait to see it finished.
    And I can totally relate. I’ve lived in my condo for 3 years now, and it’s got a long way to go. I also keep telling myself to finish one room, then go to the next project…it’s so hard!

6. Melissa Crochet
    June 28, 2011 at 10:59 am (6 years ago)

I think every piece is amazing and it’s a sin and shame that fabric is so torn up…can’t wait to see the reveal!

Melissa from Theinsanedomain.blogspot.com

7. Mimi
    June 28, 2011 at 12:57 pm (6 years ago)

I looove the white dresser. Such nice stuff. I can’t wait to see what you do with them!

8. Dayka (Life +Style)
    June 28, 2011 at 3:33 pm (6 years ago)

@Angela–I’m sure you must be surprised that there’s no faux bamboo in sight!! I had to find a way to restrain myself…

9. Angela
    June 29, 2011 at 1:17 am (6 years ago)

LOVE THOSE CHAIRS TOO!

10. Full House
    June 30, 2011 at 12:44 am (6 years ago)

I am not being dramatic but you have some really great items that look high end..good thing you know how to put it together too.

11. emily
    June 30, 2011 at 9:14 am (6 years ago)

Now you’ve got me, I have to come back and see how you pull all these things together! Maybe it will inspire me to do my master bedroom that I’ve been in for nearly 6 years! lol

12. SHERRY HART
    July 11, 2011 at 4:58 pm (6 years ago)

Hot damn…hurry and get that room together…can’t wait!

13. hollyG
    July 12, 2011 at 1:08 pm (6 years ago)

I love those chairs – and looking forward to seeing this room completed. I do the same thing but I’m glad there are others out there like me. I focus on one thing, get distracted, lose focus, and go onto another project.