TGIF.

. . . . I like the advice Jim Rohn gave us: “Seek other people’s advice, but don’t take orders. And don’t take 100% of anyone’s advice. Make sure every decision you make is a product of your own conclusion. Be a student, not a disciple.” Amen to that.
Learn, yes. Seek advice, input and guidance, yes. Study mentors, ‘experts,’ role models and other achievers who have DONE what you want to do, but don’t accept everything as gospel. And separate out what you like, what makes sense and works for you from the rest of the sermon. In the end, there is only one expert on this planet—and that is YOU. Learn to trust yourself. You know best. Really, you do. Make sure you are your own best expert, of you.
                                                                                                               –via Darren Hardy

18 Comments on TGIF.

1. Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design
    August 20, 2010 at 7:57 am (7 years ago)

Great “advice” advice 🙂

I definitely need to learn to weed out the good and bad advice and accept it as advice not the gospel. Thanks for your posts…they are always so insightful!!

Have a great weekend!
    xo Jade

2. Hello Lover...
    August 20, 2010 at 8:17 am (7 years ago)

Love everything about this. Love the chairs with the handles and I really love those globe pendants in the kitchen!

3. Dayka (Life +Style)
    August 20, 2010 at 9:45 am (7 years ago)

@ jade–don’t we all?? i’m learning to trust myself a lot more as well. i’m glad you love these friday posts–i love creating them!

@ beth (hello lover)–these chairs (and the styling) are my favorite things about this photo, too. 🙂

@mhh–thanks!

4. autumn
    August 20, 2010 at 1:20 pm (7 years ago)

what great quotes! so, so inspiring!
    really. so true.
    and those striped chairs are singing my song…LOVE stripes on anything!

5. Averill
    August 20, 2010 at 2:47 pm (7 years ago)

I LOVE those dining chairs. Any idea on the source? They’d look amazing in my own dining room. 😉

Happy weekend, Dayka and, as always, great Friday quote!

6. Dayka (Life +Style)
    August 20, 2010 at 4:16 pm (7 years ago)

@ alison–lol!
    @ dina–glad you found something that resonates with you!
    @ autumn–oh, me too!
    @averill–thank you! unfortunately i have no idea about where the chairs came from. for some reason, i would like to think they’re vintage, but that could just be me projecting. 🙂

7. Dayka (Life +Style)
    August 20, 2010 at 4:16 pm (7 years ago)

@ alison–lol!
    @ dina–glad you found something that resonates with you!
    @ autumn–oh, me too!

8. Sharstin
    August 21, 2010 at 12:02 pm (7 years ago)

love the quote–and those chairs are amazing! have a great weekend girly!

9. Lila
    August 21, 2010 at 12:10 pm (7 years ago)

Gorgeous dining room. I absolutely love the chairs. They’re totally unique and fun!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

10. Kelle Dame
    August 23, 2010 at 12:32 am (7 years ago)

I love all of your posts! you always have such great quotes and inspiring photos. Keep it coming!

11. Stephanie Sabbe
    August 23, 2010 at 10:07 am (7 years ago)

love those dining chairs! so unique

12. Val
    August 27, 2010 at 8:06 pm (7 years ago)

I love everything about this photo! Great blog.