Inspiration

As I’m slowly (but surely!) making progress on my home office, I’m dreaming of a space that’s clean, clutter-free, and packed to the rafters with creative images. In this room I see the story of a successful designer who’s in the midst of planing several projects inspired by exotic locales and the love of family and friends.  I use it to stay inspired and focused in my career. I’d love to know–what inspires your life???

16 Comments on Inspiration

1. Stephanie Sabbe
    June 14, 2010 at 8:05 am (7 years ago)

Love the all white office. I would totally go that route if my office were not already off white. And painting off white, white seems like hassle. I’ll probably pick a color.

God inspires my life:)

2. Deliciously Organized
    June 14, 2010 at 9:58 am (7 years ago)

I wish I had an office to escape to and work. I’m inspired daily by everything around me. Especially wonderful bloggers like yourself!

3. Moni @ CL Journal
    June 14, 2010 at 11:01 am (7 years ago)

Music and fashion/interior magazines…
    Blogs written by fascinating people…
    Food Network (go figure)
    photography and art….
    jewelry pieces…
    Art & craft supply stores

All of these intertwined give me a personal vision board in my mind. It makes me want to be creative. This is what inspires me.

4. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    June 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm (7 years ago)

I love the great light that room seems to get. I could see the owner of that room getting wrapped up in a project and forgetting to eat-something I do often!

Good luck on your office. Can’t wait to see the results.

5. Sharstin
    June 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm (7 years ago)

that is a gorgeous office! I can’t wait to see what you do with yours~ what inspires my life? my babes~

6. Dayka (Life +Style)
    June 14, 2010 at 2:43 pm (7 years ago)

@DO–thanks, you too!
    @stephanie–amen!
    @moni–love your inspiration–thanks for sharing with me!
    @karen–i’m taking my time finding everything, but i will post it when i’m done!
    @sharstin–and the one coming makes 3 babes! so happy for your new arrival

7. niki.mac
    June 14, 2010 at 2:46 pm (7 years ago)

I love that imagery of a busy designer! How great are those chairs too… great pick!

8. Averill
    June 14, 2010 at 4:17 pm (7 years ago)

I’m inspired by great design — and by great design bloggers (like you)!

9. L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys
    June 15, 2010 at 7:59 am (7 years ago)

Very nice room! It looks as if they used the ikea Rast chests for storage!

What inspires me? Almost anything! From a shirt of one of my kids, to bloggers that are not just blogging, but are following there dreams! I’m inspired often and when inspiration hits, there’s no turning back. That means Tony is usually about to blow a gasket;-)

Have fun girl designing your space! I know its going to be Fab! And yes, take your time, that’s how you get what you want!

June 15, 2010 at 12:21 pm (7 years ago)

lovely room!

What inspirses me, its music { sade, john legend, kem and many more } a pen a paper, the outdoors and great books and cool blogs 🙂

11. Haven and Home
    June 15, 2010 at 9:40 pm (7 years ago)

Oh yeah, office inspiration is definitely what I need!

12. Persis Shah
    June 16, 2010 at 1:19 pm (7 years ago)

i’d love to sit in there and blog away…i think it is my husband’s love and encouragement that inspires me the most.

just stumbled upon your blog and i have to say i LOVE it. do come drop by mine too and maybe we can follow each other. =)

have a lovely day!

Persis

13. Kelle Dame
    June 16, 2010 at 11:29 pm (7 years ago)

I find inspiration everywhere but I find most while blog hopping!

Love your blog! Found you through Haven and Home.

14. AB HOME Interiors
    June 17, 2010 at 11:36 am (7 years ago)

True inspiration can come from anything, anywhere! What a great space. The bold white is an excellent backdrop for a creative designers thoughts!