Show Me Your Trash!!

Most of the blogs I read are all about decorating, designing, crafting, and refinishing.  After seeing pieces with some great potential, I want to see what else is out there–what “trash” have you found recently??  If you have a piece of furniture (or tschotske) that you’re working on, or have plans to work on, send me an email and show me your trash!  The thing I love most about going to thrift stores/CL/ebay is seeing the stuff that people have thrown away, like this stuff from my post yesterday.   Every time I find something I love, like my  armoire, I say–did someone really think this was trash???

Adrianna at Dreams of Perfection found these 2 AMAZING lamps at the Habitat ReStore!!

I. LOVE. THESE.  They look amazing as is to me, but she ended up hitting them with a bit of color and now they’re even better, if you can imagine it.  Check it for yourself here.  Her lamps pre-color were awfully similar to this pair that Lakeitha from Home To Three Duncan Boys bought a week ago.  Gotta love the stuff people give away . . . .

This will either be a place to gain a new idea for transforming your piece or an opportunity to show off your great eye for style, but either way,  I hope you’ll upload your photos and send them my way!!

10 Comments on Show Me Your Trash!!

1. Destination Seaborn
    March 3, 2010 at 2:09 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks for sharing! Those lamps are smokin’! I’ll be anxious ot see all the trash to treasure finds.

Lisa

2. paula
    March 3, 2010 at 2:33 pm (7 years ago)

such great finds, like always. I think I am projected out.

March 3, 2010 at 3:09 pm (7 years ago)

I’m going to have to rent a uhaul and drive cross country! ASAP and bring home some goodies – hopefully I can send some ‘trash’ to you soon if I find a dresser for my sons room

4. LAKEITHA
    March 3, 2010 at 5:39 pm (7 years ago)

You should totally start a linky party with this title! The only problem, after people start seeing all of these posts, they are going to stop throwing out all of their trash!

I don’t know why people toss things out like the beauties you’ve shown above. My only guess is that in this day in time, whats shiny and new is whats better….

5. Adrianna
    March 3, 2010 at 5:52 pm (7 years ago)

I just got a FREE entertainment center I plan on painting. I will definitely send you a photo. I love doing the trash to treasure route versus brand new, but I also love brand new at a good price :o)
    And how did you wake up so early? I couldn’t budge until 12pm. And I still didn’t finish the desk I was doing. Hopefully today.

6. Kristin
    March 3, 2010 at 6:49 pm (7 years ago)

I have a hutch that I’ve been meaning to refinish for months. I just need to get on the ball!

7. AB HOME Interiors
    March 3, 2010 at 7:20 pm (7 years ago)

OMG I LOVE that armoire. ohhhhhh what I could do with that! And those lamps! Great post. I have trash, I will have to send you pics!

8. Emily A. Clark
    March 4, 2010 at 11:55 am (7 years ago)

Have some terrible bookshelves that I’m almost finished re-doing. Will email you the before pics.

9. Erin
    March 4, 2010 at 4:40 pm (7 years ago)

Love that armoire! Do you have after pics? It has really great bones. You are a girl after my own heart, you junk picker, you. 🙂