Weekend Wrap Up

Are you scared by this photo?  Don’t be.  I love it because it represents progress but more importantly,  what I believe is my purpose.

I’ve been putting off getting one of these things for awhile, but I finally went ahead and took the plunge this weekend.   I love it, and it makes spraying and polishing and urethaning (made it up) SO much better.  It’s absolutely worth the investment.  I love what I do, but I don’t want to die for it.  I really needed it since things have been picking up around here, hence the reason why my cuticles look like that (and my eyebrows)–I’ve been busy working.  Good things are happening.

So I picked this little baby up this weekend.  Doesn’t it look contemplative staring out into the neighborhood like that?
I was super excited to pick it up, and although it wasn’t quite what I thought it was going be when I picked it up, it’s going to be hot.  It might be ugly now, but you know I’m all about giving life to the things people throw away.  It’s tall too, like 2 feet.  I started on it yesterday, but it’s not quite finished so I can only show you a peak.
Aren’t these feet freaky???

I also picked this up this weekend, and as much as I love it, I already know it won’t be staying with me.  I’m still contemplating the color, but I’m thinking it will be something fabulous.
Found this stamp inside the drawer, but I couldn’t find any information on the company.  I thought for a minute that it might be a style name (like a knock-off of campaign, so “campaigner”), but that’s silly.  If you know anything about this, please leave me a comment.
Hope you love the bigger photos . . . I finally updated the editor.
**i made the photos smaller and hopefully that works.  I don’t know why they were cut off . . . .

14 Comments on Weekend Wrap Up

1. Michelle (Three Men and a Lady)
    February 1, 2010 at 10:00 am (7 years ago)

You are so lucky. I love finding “treasures” that just need a little TLC. Can’t wait to see how you bring them to life!

2. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    February 1, 2010 at 10:41 am (7 years ago)

I DO love your larger photos! And I love your mask. I need one. Sometimes after spraypainting I feel wheezy the rest of the day. Scariness. Okay, I’m not going to lie. The owl is freaking me out a bit so I’m excited to see him finished. I know nothing about the stamped desk, but I’m equally excited to see it all glammed out!

February 1, 2010 at 12:53 pm (7 years ago)

Very smart to buy the mask – the desk is FAB!

4. Adrianna
    February 1, 2010 at 2:15 pm (7 years ago)

I know that lamp is gonna be hot!! Owls are becoming all the rage. And that desk is IT! I think it would be beautiful red. Glossy red or light blue. I know any color you do it will be the ish. I couldn’t break down and get a mask yet. It’s been to cold to paint here.

5. Moni @ CL Journal
    February 1, 2010 at 2:36 pm (7 years ago)

Uhh, the owl freaks me out, I would expect him to come out like that cartoon and break out into a song…

“I love to singa, about the moon and stars, I love to swinga…”

lol. I have problems…

But the desk I would repaint and get great hardware and use as a vanity/dressing! I’m still searching for the perfect dressing table!

I need to move to the suburbs and go thrifting! You can’t do this kind of stuff in a NYC apartment!

6. Brooke
    February 1, 2010 at 11:09 pm (7 years ago)

Yes Ma’am that 3M mask is the “BIZNESS” Mu Hubby and both have one. The are mos def your oxygen when needed……

7. Erika @ BluLabel Bungalow
    February 2, 2010 at 12:03 am (7 years ago)

Glad you decided to salvage your remaining brain cells *smile* I need one of those. The way I’ve been forgetting things, I may be running on empty. That owl is creepy, but I think whatever you’re doing will making him livable! Imagine him (pre-Dayka) sitting on your nightstand looking at you when you awake from a nightmare!

8. Tamstyles
    February 2, 2010 at 11:23 pm (7 years ago)

that desk is hot..ohhh my goodness. you are going to let it go?

9. this blessed nest
    February 6, 2010 at 3:45 pm (7 years ago)

you go girl. the mask IS the new accessory!
    love that desk. have you seen little green notebook blog? she re-did a piece with the same style of your desk a while ago. it is not a desk, but i book shelf. anyways, can’t wait to see what you decided to do with it!

10. Katie@Yoga Gal
    February 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm (7 years ago)

Are you going to put the owl in your store? Because I might just have to have that! 😀

11. Claire Watkins, ASID allied
    February 17, 2010 at 4:43 pm (7 years ago)

Well, have you decided what you are going to do with it? I LOVE it! Thanks for commenting on my blog because I am so glad to have found yours!

12. Kindle Marie
    February 18, 2010 at 12:08 pm (7 years ago)

Love the mask, I need to get one,,also I ran into a guy who refinished furniture out here, he also said another important thing is earplugs, like if you have to sand or cut something with a power tool.

Don’t you hate finding stamps in furniture and google doesn’t have an answer? DANG!

13. Artist
    October 23, 2010 at 1:01 am (6 years ago)

Hello, great desk! You may want to keep it or have it evaluated at an antique store. It’s possibly a British Colonial campaign desk. That looks like the Taj Mahal of India on the logo, Indian style lettering. Quite possibly valuable wood, teak or mahogany? Best wishes to you!