James Radin

I decided that it didn’t make much sense to spend all that time talking about the moive and the set design without giving a platform to the man that made it all happen–James Radin! If you’re under a rock and don’t already know, James is Nancy’s personal interior designer and has worked with her on all of the movies we know and love (Something’s Gotta Give, It’s Complicated, Baby Boom (interiors weren’t memorable, but I love the movie), The Holiday, Father of the Bride) translating the essence of her wonderful characters into memorable living spaces. Unfortunately I can’t copy the images from his portfolio, but I can share some of his work from her other movies.

Father of the Bride Filming Location

I love how everything always looks so beautiful, yet comfortable and realistic. That what I strive for in my home, and I’m working on it bit by bit, and figuring out what that means for me (and how to translate it into my style).

I also want to take this space to thank the person who gave all of those wonderful Elle Decor, Traditional Home, & Oprah magazines to the thrift store . It has provided hours of reading pleasure! 🙂

8 Comments on James Radin

1. thelennoxx
    January 13, 2010 at 9:51 am (7 years ago)

Wow, gorgeous pictures! I love that bathroom with the white marble.. swoon! James utilizes all vertical space which makes the rooms look so much taller, not to mention all the extra storage potential!

2. kimmcl
    January 13, 2010 at 10:05 am (7 years ago)

Hi Dayka, Those are some really great pictures. I loved the homes in all of those movies you mentioned. Father of the Bride would have to be my favorite home though.

3. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    January 13, 2010 at 10:45 am (7 years ago)

Did you buy those magazines? Ughh…you make me sick!!! I’m going today to see whats left!

4. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    January 13, 2010 at 10:47 am (7 years ago)

Oh, I forgot about the spaces! I love these spaces. I never get tired of looking at them. And like I said the other day, a classic room will look good 10 years from now and thats what I see in these rooms!

January 13, 2010 at 12:23 pm (7 years ago)

You just named off a bunch of movies I LOVE! lol

OMG – the white kitchen with all the subway tile is making my heart pound!

It’s also cool she using the same designer for each movie!

6. autumn
    January 13, 2010 at 4:53 pm (7 years ago)

love very photo in this post, but the dressing room/bath picture literally stopped me in my tracks! it is just gorgeous! i love all the built-ins, and that little stool is perfect in the space. soooo dreamy.
    can you even imagine having a dressing room/bathroom like that?!

7. Adrianna
    January 14, 2010 at 3:24 pm (7 years ago)

When you say realistic, I’m there with you. I see to many images that are inspirational but not realistic. I love the white with hints of blue, tho not realistic:o(. The thank you is hilarious! But I can appreciate it. I am always picking up mags @ thrift stores. I love these last two post you did. so much inspiration.

8. Dayka
    January 14, 2010 at 9:36 pm (7 years ago)

You hit the nail on the head, Adrianna–some stuff is really for inspiration ONLY. People can “ooh” and “awe”, but real life has a way of making design realistic (in my humble opinion, of course!).