Front Door Wreath

It just occurred to me that I probably should’ve taken photos of this as I was completing it, so I went back and took photos of the items I used.
I started with these butterflies that I used on my tree a few years ago. They have clips on the back and are super easy to secure, so they won’t get damaged (which I’m happy for, because I love these butterflies.)
Added these glittery grape bunches that I bought for 50% off last year. I never used them because they smell like “baby doo” (what I like to call it), but I put a mask on this year and figured it would be okay to use them, since the wreath was going outside. They stink, but I love the look.
Leftover glass and plastic bulbs.
A few of these gold branches separated from the stem.
And some of these pine needles that I twisted and separated so the branches wouldn’t be so big. I added a few pinecones from the backyard and that was all I needed!
I’m glad I decided to use floral wire and not hot glue as I originally planned, because I didn’t have to waste my ornaments. Taking it apart will be a pain, but I love the holidays, so it’s worth it! I’ll have to try the ornament wreath next year . . . .

10 Comments on Front Door Wreath

1. Marilyn
    December 1, 2009 at 10:10 am (8 years ago)

I love your colors! I want to try the ornament wreath next year also. After Christmas sales are what I love!

2. Adrianna
    December 1, 2009 at 11:19 am (8 years ago)

I’m going to be doing this project this week! This is a great idea. I need to make 2 wreaths that tie into each other. And I love the colors you used as well as your Christmas tree colors. They are so fab!

3. mkruckenberg
    December 1, 2009 at 11:56 am (8 years ago)

Very pretty! The butterflies are a nice touch.

December 1, 2009 at 12:32 pm (8 years ago)

It looks nice and festive and ties with your tree perfectly!

I love the butterflies 🙂

5. karen@fitnessjourney
    December 1, 2009 at 12:37 pm (8 years ago)

So pretty! Could you get one of those wreath storage containers so you don’t have to take it apart? Target always has them on sale after the holidays.

6. Symone's Mommy
    December 1, 2009 at 12:49 pm (8 years ago)

Oh, Annette will get a kick out of this wreath. I was just going off about butterflies for Christmas decorations. That is REALLY cute!

7. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    December 1, 2009 at 3:08 pm (8 years ago)

It’s gorgeous! I love the copper and your butterflies are fantastic. Why in the world do your grape things smell like crap??? How strange…and awful. Good thing for masks huh? 🙂 Oh well, they are pretty enough to overlook a little smelly-smell.

8. Anna Renee
    December 1, 2009 at 3:38 pm (8 years ago)

This is very beautiful and creative!

9. Struggler
    December 2, 2009 at 1:49 pm (8 years ago)

Very classy.
    My front door is still naked but I’m comforting myself it’s still early December!
    Floral wire seems to be a must-have item – must add some to my kit.