All in all, it's really been a good year for me.
I've learned a lot, both personally & professionally, and grown leaps & bounds as a business woman. It should go without saying that I'm expecting really good things to happen for me next year and am putting all of my effort into making sure that I get back nothing less than I expect! Every year, I find myself saying that the previous year flew by (of course, 2012 is no exception), so I've been spending the last two weeks working on some strategic business planning to make sure I stay ahead of the curve next year! So without further ado, here are my 2012 success:
- A January feature on the West Elm blog, Front & Main
- Paid my car off in March--so, so, SO happy about that. Best believe I won't be having another car payment anytime soon!
- Was hired for 3 really cool, paid styling jobs for a few of the major Atlanta magazines (Atlanta, Jezebel, The Atlantan) in the first quarter of the year. I feel official now.
- Rebranded my business between May & July with a new website, new head shots, and new business cards. Best money I've ever spent!
- Marked off another business goal in July when I became a One Kings Lane vendor.
- Had my work and design tips featured in the July issue of House of Fifty, the online shelter mag.
- Booked my first solo speaking engagement in August when I partnered with FLOR to talk about my love of pattern. Very cool (and a bit nerve-wracking, too).
- In September I was accepted as one of 16 designers featured in the 2013 Cathedral Antiques Inspiration Show House, my first show house ever. The excitement is building and install's only a few weeks away!
- Our second annual Room Service Atlanta project finished in October and it was not only an amazing experience but the cottage looks absolutely gorgeous...our designers exceed my expectations! I'm really, really proud of our work at UMCH & am looking forward to our next project coming up soon!
- Finally finished my dining room wallpaper in October. This has been a long time coming and it brings me joy looking at it everyday...let's hope it doesn't take another year to finish the rest of it!
- Moved my office into the larger of my 2 guest bedrooms last month (November). I never used the old office because my stuff was EVE. RY. WHERE. due to the lack of space. Now I can finally breathe, think & create somewhere besides my bed (which really isn't good for work!). It's nowhere near done so you won't see the whole thing yet, but here's a peek from an Instagram photo (@daykarobinson) I took this weekend...
- Through out the year I've found tons of great furniture & had some great pieces reupholstered. My garage is still packed to the brim, but these are some of my favorites...
- And of course, lots of client work over the past year--business picked up exponentially in 2012! I am so grateful for each of my clients & am lucky to work with people who trust me and give me space to be creative. I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2013!
Have you made a list of your success for 2012? If not, I highly suggest you do it now! We tend to be so focused on making & achieving new goals that it's easy to forget all of the wonderful things you've already accomplished. As I was making this list I kept coming back hours later to add new things...I've done more than I thought and it's a great reminder that I'm closer to my biggest dreams than I thought I was.
Also, a huge thanks to you all for reading my blog, supporting, encouraging, and following along with me in 2012.
Whatever your plans tonight, I hope you all have a fun & safe New Year's Eve and I'll see you next year!