Subscribe to our newsletter. Get our expert tips on designing a home & creating a life with intention-- delivered straight to your inbox!

TGIF: FOLLOWING YOUR PATH

If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.

Good stuff, right? I shared a small bit with you guys this week about where I am and the new leaves I’m turning over. One thing I’m finding (yes, finding) is that success is hard work–more discipline & integrity than anything else–and there’s no direct path to it.  I love to read about how other entrepreneurs do business and I get at least 3 daily emails from business coaches that I rely on to keep me on track. But with that being said, I know there is no direct path and what works/worked for a colleague–even if we’re in the same industry–will not necessarily work for me. I just finished reading The Alchemist this week & if you’ve read it, you know it’s all about finding and following your Personal Legend. Everybody’s true calling is different, even in just the smallest way, because we are all different. The major roads may be paved, but I’m finding that this journey is going to require some off-roading through the woods…because that’s where MY path is. Wherever each of you may be, I hope you can find the courage to chart your own course and follow your path…it truly is the only way to find YOUR treasure.
Xo,
Dayka

8 Comments on TGIF: FOLLOWING YOUR PATH

1. Erika at BluLabel Bungalow
    November 30, 2012 at 8:07 am (2 years ago)

I hope many more people will take this to heart. It would lead to everyone being more supportive of the other and not jealous of one ‘getting ahead’ of the other.

That quote screams volumes, “If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.”

I suppose I’m on the right path because what I’m embarking upon is a complete faith walk!

Glad we can support each other and celebrate our individual and collective growth! xo

2. LiveLaughDecorate
    November 30, 2012 at 8:12 am (2 years ago)

TGIF lady! Well said. I’m adding that book to my holiday reading list. Inspired.

3. Karen Swartz Harris
    November 30, 2012 at 9:07 am (2 years ago)

Great words for a Friday and to kick off my weekend planning for the week ahead! I also like what Erika had to say! Keep it coming, sis! We have to support each other! Looking forward to reciprocating in a big way!

4. Rodney Jackson
    November 30, 2012 at 9:23 am (2 years ago)

Great post!!!

5. Tonia B.
    November 30, 2012 at 12:10 pm (2 years ago)

I agree Dayka, everyone journey is different and you must be willing to go off the beaten path to find “your own” way. Though there is one thing you have to stay true to who you are. I’m encouraged.

6. Dayka
    November 30, 2012 at 11:06 pm (2 years ago)

Today’s post was bit different than my normal TGIF, so thank you guys for leaving your feedback. We all have a road to walk and the easiest thing to do is act like it’s the same as the next persons. Really finding what YOU are supposed to do–not what your family/friend/partner thinks takes balls, straight up! May you each have a brass pair 😉

Xo,