Subscribe to our newsletter. Get our expert tips on designing a home & creating a life with intention-- delivered straight to your inbox!

Thanks to those of you who’ve already taken my survey!
Even from the initial responses I’ve received, it’s clear that you all want to see more of mi casa–my house, my crib, my spot and the place where I work my magic/lay my head. So I’m obliging starting today and everything that has to do with my place will from here on out be a part of my House Chronicles. So when you see House Chronicles in the title, you know what time it is.
So…let’s jump back to July when I first mentioned wallpapering my Dining Room. After reading the comments from my readers and watching more than a few wallpapering videos on YouTube, I decided that the best thing to do would be to call in a pro, as (1) I’m not (yet) known for my patience and (2) the paper I selected was discontinued and I’d already purchased all that remained.
Lack of patience + Limited product supply= Recipe for disaster.
But I’ll back up just a bit. I bought my home in 2006 and it’s gone through a few transitions, though nothing has really been 100% completed in the 6 years I’ve called it home (it feels really ridiculous to type that but it’s the truth). Here’s what it looked like when I first moved in:
 Beautiful peach paint, sumptuous carpeting & high end window blinds.
Very unique & expensive chandelier.
And then shortly after move-in, when I did a slight remix:
Which leads us to today.
I’m a perfectionist and want everything to be perfect & amazing. Totally unrealistic, I know, but I am getting better and a big part of that was/is forcing myself to make some design decisions and stick to them (we’ll revisit my issue with these chairs soon). So up went the DR wallpaper…except that the person I had install the paper wasn’t a master at handling patterns, so halfway around the wall it got uneven, wonky and totally off. There was just no faking it, it was all the way bad. So if you follow me on Instagram, there was a reason you only saw a this snippet a few months ago…homeboy hung the sh*t wrong.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago (speeding up this story to be considerate of your time) and I finally had MY guy out to re-hang the wallpaper–the guy I use for all of my client projects who totally rocks, BTW. So now, I get to look at this everyday….

And I’m thrilled, even with a small to-do list that includes:
refinishing/reupholstering chairs (black w/ black patent leather + nailhead trim!!!)
painting below chair rail (99.998% sure I’m going with white)
adding drapery (nothing fancy–Ikea Ritva–but they will be perf)
possibly doing something about the finish on that tablemaybe.

So although it’s not done, it makes me delightfully happy and now you, my friend, know where I break bread.

1. LiveLaughDecorate
    November 29, 2012 at 8:39 am (3 years ago)

Lady, that wallpaper is insane. Ridonkulous! Too freaking fab. I can’t believe dude messed that up. You can’t play around with wallpaper installation chica. That is something you ALWAYS call in the pros for. Don’t even think of showing me a You Tube how to video. That is a great space to dine and chat with friends and it’s not even done! Good stuff and yes, great idea to show us more of you and the casa.

2. Dayka
    November 29, 2012 at 8:54 am (3 years ago)

Thank you! Even thought I started without a plan, I knew it was the right paper when I laid eyes on it.

I know, I know! My first thought was–I KNOW BETTER than to do this….I would NEVER do that for a client! But it all worked out in the end. My original guy (who is an excellent painter) volunteered to paint a few rooms for free, and THAT’S an offer I won’t be passing up :)

3. Kristen
    November 29, 2012 at 9:28 am (3 years ago)

looks so good! and i agree – more house/project pics!

November 29, 2012 at 9:32 am (3 years ago)

Shut up with that wallpaper…..dying. I am we’ll aware of not being able to make decisions about my own home….sucks. That DR is going to be fabulous girl!!

5. Nancy
    November 29, 2012 at 9:45 am (3 years ago)

That wallpaper looks spectacular with all your goodies- love that campaign buffet and table and chandelier!
    It looks so beautiful.
    xo Nancy

6. Design Esquire
    November 29, 2012 at 10:00 am (3 years ago)

Just gorgeous! That wallpaper is a show stopper.

7. Amanda
    November 29, 2012 at 10:10 am (3 years ago)

wow! its awesome!! . Love that chandelier too! and that glass tabletop is screaming for a brass base- and you being the queen of thrift would probably find one for like $5 :-) cant wait to see more!

8. charmaine
    November 29, 2012 at 10:44 am (3 years ago)

Looks amazing Dayka! Love all of it! I scored 4 similar chairs on CL and I’m painting it white with white faux leather and nailhead trim.

9. Jessica {The Aestate}
    November 29, 2012 at 10:57 am (3 years ago)

Gah, so gorgeous!!That wallpaper is amazing. I’m loving it with that credenza and those chairs!
    And, yes, I’d love to see more of you and your beautiful home!
    xo Jessica

10. Lili
    November 29, 2012 at 11:55 am (3 years ago)

11. Lili
    November 29, 2012 at 11:55 am (3 years ago)

November 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm (3 years ago)

The wallpaper looks amazing! And I love the buffet :)

13. Anonymous
    November 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm (3 years ago)

Go big or go home is the saying. Love the paper…you ain’t scared!!! If you can be fierce at home, you can be fierce anywhere!

14. Dayka
    November 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm (3 years ago)

Go big or go home…definitely! It’s so easy to get stuck with the boring & safe choice but I always want to practice what I preach. I am so, so pleased with the wallpaper…there’s nothing like living in a space with things you truly love and this wallpaper is IT!! Thanks for all of your great comments…and PS, the buffet was actually a FREE FIND!! I know, fall outta your seat, right?? :)

15. Jessie
    November 30, 2012 at 9:43 am (3 years ago)

That wallpaper totally rocks! Also swooning over that stylish credenza and dining chairs! Can’t wait to see the final reveal! You did a beautiful job, Dayka!

16. angel gonzales
    March 21, 2013 at 4:06 am (3 years ago)

Oh everything is simply beautiful! The house looks so gorgeous. The wallpapers are absolutely awesome. You did a great job! I agree with the others here, more pics please!