Subscribe to our newsletter. Get our expert tips on designing a home & creating a life with intention-- delivered straight to your inbox!

SCOTT ANTIQUE MARKET.

I think my ego was a little bruised from my last Scott’s experience. You remember, the one where I set up my booth but nothing sold?? In the big scheme of things, I was happy that I took the step to open my little booth and could check a biz goal off my list but truthfully, I was a bit sad I put all that work into it for naught. I took a trip to Scott’s yesterday right before closing and realized I hadn’t been there since I had my booth last February! Don’t know how I let so much time pass. I didn’t find what I was looking for (chandelier for a client’s office), but I did stumble on a few good pieces…

Lucite barstools. Love these for a kitchen.
Huge, round, antique table with drawers on the perimeter. Very traditional, but I love it.
$500 for this set, so $100/piece. Definitely not a bad price…all it needs is some new cushions (or not, depending  your look). With dark (or white) wood floors underneath, could be fabulous.

Loved the detail in these dining chairs. Kinda Art Deco-ish.

Detail & color? Yes, sir.

Really, really love these. Super traditional, but I love the smoky lavender velvet seats. I want to pair them with an antique mahogany table that’s been lacquered in Ebony and a vintage brass chandelier with crystals to top the furniture off. (Uh oh, someone’s just got a great idea for a dining room!!)
 My first time seeing this seller. I love this kinda stuff & it made me think of the pillows I sourced for my client’s family room E-design.

That one on top is my fave.
And this one, too.
LOVE this pair of brass lamps. LOVE.

And this bed!! Very trad, but I see it in front of a large scale, graphic print wallpaper and 2 mirrored nightstands on each side.
Good stuff. Will be back next month!

15 Comments on SCOTT ANTIQUE MARKET.

1. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    June 11, 2012 at 6:53 am (3 years ago)

I keep telling my self I need to plan a trip to Scotts. Now unfortunately because I dont live in Atlanta I wont have a real need to buy any furniture…BUT

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

2. Jessica {The Aestate}
    June 11, 2012 at 7:32 am (3 years ago)

Nice finds!! Dying over the pillows and that lucite table + chairs.
    I’ve never had any luck selling stuff that way. My ego can’t take it.

3. charmaine
    June 11, 2012 at 8:35 am (3 years ago)

Great stuff! Hope to go to Scott’s one day.

4. Cris Angsten
    June 11, 2012 at 11:03 am (3 years ago)

I have YET to visit Scott’s! Isn’t that SAD? I know all kinds of little hole in the wall antique spots, but never been to the most blogged about apparently amazing place in Atlanta. Maybe next month???

June 11, 2012 at 12:08 pm (3 years ago)

Lose those brass lamps and it takes a a lot of me to like brass lol :)

6. Courtney
    June 11, 2012 at 12:31 pm (3 years ago)

Those brass lamps?!!? GORGEOUS! And perfect to replace the gold ones you already have *wink*

7. Dayka
    June 11, 2012 at 12:52 pm (3 years ago)

@Rashon: you’ll have to plan a vist around Scott’s next time!
    @Jess: You and me both!
    @Cris: Let me know if you go next month…maybe I’ll meet you down there!
    @Katrina: You don’t like brass???? You might hate my house, then. lol :)
    @Courtney: IfI’d had the forethought to inquire into the price, I MIGHT have actually purchased those myself. Then it might be easier for me to sell you the ones in my bedroom (I said MIGHT!). :)

8. myblackfriendsays
    June 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm (3 years ago)

lots of cool stuff–I think those lavender cushioned chairs were my favorite.

9. SHERRY HART
    June 11, 2012 at 5:58 pm (3 years ago)

Scott’s was great this month…..I practically have to tie my hands behind my back so I won’t buy anything….:)

10. Fabulously Blairsville
    June 12, 2012 at 7:08 am (3 years ago)

Just found your blog and love it. I am north of Atlanta an hour. You must be the one beating me on craigslist haha. Loved your post on persistence with the french chairs they were gorgeous as are these purple chairs. You have great eye. I am going to slowly go thru your blog and enjoy it over several days with coffee and scones. Lolly

11. Jessamie Vincent
    June 12, 2012 at 9:29 am (3 years ago)

I don’t know what picture I want to comment on…I mean those bar stools? Those pillows? It’s all pretty incredible! I’ll have to let you know next time I’m heading that way!

12. LiveLaughDecorate
    June 12, 2012 at 11:55 am (3 years ago)

Crap. No Scotts in Miami. Why are you folks in the ATL surrounded by so much cool stuff? Bummed but we do have some thrifty spots where I often score wing back chairs for about $10 or less. Of course that also meant that once upon a time my house started to look like a Thrift Store. Madness I know. Anywho missy, glad you weren’t deterred and went back, if only to share those amazing finds with us.

13. elizabeth@themustardceiling
    June 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm (3 years ago)

I keep hearing about Scott’s. I always enjoy seeing Sherry’s finds (from Design Indulgence) from Scotts. I am loving your finds too.

The Art Deco chairs could be really fun and unique in the right space and the pillows you found are gorgeous. I would love to visit Scott’s…one day :).

14. Miya @ Design Indulgences
    June 13, 2012 at 4:36 pm (3 years ago)

I love the lucite pieces with new fabric for the seats. I’d keep the lavendar velvet cushions and just paint the wood a high gloss black.