NEW BIZ CARDS (FINALLY)!

My January blog redesign marked the beginning of my new business branding. I’m a researcher by nature, so I had a file full of inspiration images to help me narrow down exactly what I wanted, which I knew was a clean design devoid of animation, animals, stars, or feathers or the like. I ended up with this new logo, which I love.

So I’ve been slowly but surely updating the rest of my business-related collateral material and knew that new biz cards had to be next on the list (tip–if you’re embarrassed to hand out your business cards, it’s time to give them an update!). Fortunately, around the same time I found Ciara Bird, a (then-) North Carolina (now LA-)-based graphic designer whose work is so…edgy and breathtaking and exactly what I’ve been looking for.

These images of hand-collaged prints from her personal sketchbook were what really sealed the deal for me, so I hired her to design my new cards with plans to do my website & additional material later. Once the cards were designed, the ordering process took quite awhile because I wanted a thick card–like 3-4 times the thickness of a standard biz card. Ordering online was a bit of a risk without being able to feel the weight of the card, but I took a chance and ordered the Moo Luxe Business Cards…and let me tell you, I LOVE them
I wish I’d snapped a pic to show you the thickness in profile, but the weight is just what I was looking for. My only gripe is that most of the cards weren’t cut exactly right, so the spacing on the top & bottom border is slightly off. Still, it’s an easy fix (and totally not my graphic designer’s fault) so I’m 99% satisfied. And since I was on a roll, I also had some stickers made with my logo to use when I ship out purchases made via my shop.
And these are perfect! I’ve got a list a mile long when it comes to business-related things I want to get done, but it feels soo good when I’m able to check something off my list. And now, finally, I’ve got a business card I’m proud to pass out!
**Sidenote: Working with Ciara was a dream! If you decide to contact her, let her know I sent you. 🙂

11 Comments on NEW BIZ CARDS (FINALLY)!

1. charmaine
    May 9, 2012 at 7:55 am (6 years ago)

Looks great Dayka! Love the stickers too.

2. La Monica
    May 9, 2012 at 9:14 am (6 years ago)

I really like your new logo biz cards. Very fresh and streamlined. I think you’re new branding strategy is right on.

3. Dayka
    May 9, 2012 at 9:33 am (6 years ago)

Thanks, ladies! Can’t WAIT for my website redesign, it’s LONG overdue!

4. Tonia B.
    May 9, 2012 at 10:31 am (6 years ago)

Nice card! I’ve used Moo in the past as have never been disappointed.

5. designchic
    May 9, 2012 at 6:42 pm (6 years ago)

What great business cards – sleek and chic. Have been perusing your beautiful blog and am thrilled to be your newest follower!!

6. Dayka
    May 14, 2012 at 12:41 am (6 years ago)

@DesignChic: thank you and you too! I checked out your blog and not only do I love your, but I found some great new blogs, too. Thanks for your comment!

7. Jo
    May 20, 2012 at 2:54 pm (6 years ago)

Your cards turned out so lovely!

8. LiveLaughDecorate
    May 22, 2012 at 9:34 am (6 years ago)

Loving the biz cards Dayka. Clean and simple with a pop of color. Can’t wait to see the new website. A huge fan of your blog as well.

9. Miya @ Design Indulgences
    May 22, 2012 at 2:53 pm (6 years ago)

I love your cards. So modern and stylish. and I like the pops of color. I recently got new business cards too. Mine is circular and I ordered them from someone on Etsy. I’ve got nothing but positive feedback. There is nothing worse than feeling embarrassed when you pass out a card. I had been using outdated ones from college and knew it was beyond tacky having updated info written on the back. *shutters*.

10. Holly
    May 25, 2012 at 8:19 am (6 years ago)

Those business cards are great and perfectly eye catching – and different which is key. I was at a class a few months ago and we were all passing out our business cards. Two of the women had the same exact card – how embarrassing. I was proud that my card stood out from the rest as colorful and vibrant.