HERE, THERE & EVERYWHERE

I didn’t intend to be away so long, but one thing lead to another and now I find myself 3 weeks down the road. Things have been so busy over the last few weeks (well months, really), it’s hard to believe that Christmas is only a few more weeks away!

So here’s a bit about what I’ve been into…

In late October (and after 11 years), one of my best friends got married!! It should go without saying, but I was thrilled to be apart of their special day. So thrilled, in fact, that I sobbed like. a. baby. during the ceremony. Seriously. It was totally unexpected and still makes me laugh when I think about it. It was like an old ex-boyfriend who watched their best girl go off to the other guy. So funny.

I’m finally wrapping up Phase 1(out of 3) of a big commercial project. There is nothing like working with clients that allow you to push the limits (aesthetically speaking), and this is definitely one of those jobs (fun!). I can’t show you too much yet, but here’s a sneak peek:

Wild.

I also got a little shine of my own this month on Houzz.com when Erika of Blulabel Bungalow created an ideabook based on my master bedroom redesign. Her writing style is lyrical, so it was a treat to see my work through her eyes. When she says things like “Hepburn meets Ralph Lauren” it makes me stop and say to myself, yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking! (Ha.) Thanks for the rousing write-up, E!

I’ve been in full-on planning mode, not only for my design biz but also for taking care of some loose ends around my place. It’s finally time I started inching toward getting some unfinished projects wrapped up in my living space, so look for some fabulous new upholstery projects as soon as the paint dries! Two of them specifically involve these things:

Exciting.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

8 Comments on HERE, THERE & EVERYWHERE

1. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    November 28, 2011 at 7:52 am (6 years ago)

So glad to have you back on the blog. I know how it is to get caught up in “life”.

That commercial projects looks out of this world! I cant wait!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting.

2. Tonia
    November 28, 2011 at 8:56 am (6 years ago)

I know exactly what you mean with with one thing leading to another. I’ve been kind of out of blogging sort myself, but looks like some serious stuff going on at your place. Can’t wait to see.

3. The Sister Sophisticate
    November 28, 2011 at 12:09 pm (6 years ago)

Ok, that ikat fabric looks amazing…! I have got to see what you do with it!

4. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    November 28, 2011 at 6:28 pm (6 years ago)

There she is!! You’ve been missed. I was just thinking about your black and gold Christmas tree from a few years back. Will you be decorating for the holidays this year or are you too busy?

5. Dayka (Life +Style)
    November 28, 2011 at 10:39 pm (6 years ago)

Aww, thanks, Karen! Yup, I didn’t put out a tree last year because school had me totally out of it, but I’m eager to get one this year and hoping to deck the halls this week. I don’t have an idea of exactly what it’s going to look like this year, but you know you’ll get a peek! 🙂

6. Cris Angsten
    December 2, 2011 at 12:49 pm (6 years ago)

I saw your shout-out on Houzz and was so excited for you – meant to shoot you a congratulatory email – but WOW with all your publicity in the past few weeks you must be flying high! Congrats!

7. Erika Ward
    December 3, 2011 at 10:37 am (6 years ago)

Those are some tempting sneak peeks and lots of delicious looking fabrics on deck! A blog break is always forgiven when you return with goodies like this!!

8. Erika Ward
    December 3, 2011 at 10:40 am (6 years ago)

Oh yes, thank you for the link love! So glad you were pleased with your houzz.com feature. Your awesomeness makes it easy!