WEEKEND MASHUP: 10-2-11

1. Said goodbye to a good friend from wayyyyy back this weekend. I’d tell you more but he’d kill me because he’s so private, so I’ll just say that it’s been fun–he’s provided a lot of comedic relief, inspiration, and even a good deal of knowledge over the last few months. There’s truly nothing like a friend who can say they knew you from way back when.

2. Fall TV!! I love the fall, not only because of the weather, but because it always brings new shows to look forward to. I finally got a chance to catch up on a few of the 1,000,000 shows I’ve tivo’d and 2 of my new favorites are Pan- AM & The Playboy Club. What can I say, I’m a sucker for a good period TV drama!

3. Vintage fiberglass chairs–love, love love! I finally scored a set of my own and I’ve got a great refinish/reupholster job lined up for them. Want a hint? Think: Fresh + Graphic.

4. Had dinner with my sis at what was probably THE most disgusting Chinese restaurant this weekend. It didn’t help that the bill was $75. Total fail.

5. Drexel. Vintage. Beautiful lines, excellent condition. Look for the updated version in the shop soon!

6. Closed my weekend out with a little refinishing. There’s nothing I love more than getting my hands dirty working on some furniture, and the Atlanta weather, though a bit cold, worked out pretty nicely. I found a vintage (of course) mid-century Stanley buffet and got started on it immediately. You’ll be amazed at the results (look for it at the end of the week)!

7 Comments on WEEKEND MASHUP: 10-2-11

1. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    October 3, 2011 at 6:51 am (6 years ago)

Next weekend…dinner date with Mr. Goodwill Hunting (who dat lol).

2. Niki McNeill
    October 3, 2011 at 11:15 am (6 years ago)

I’m loving Pan-Am toooo!! I adore all the chairs you found too… Can’t wait to see you work your magic!

3. Our Delightful Home
    October 3, 2011 at 1:19 pm (6 years ago)

I look forward to reading your post about the buffet you refinished over the weekend.

~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogpsot.com

4. Holly
    October 3, 2011 at 9:03 pm (6 years ago)

I’d like to check out Pan Am – I’ve heard good things. And a vintage buffet piece sounds right up my alley – work your magic! Can’t wait to see it.

5. Sharstin
    October 5, 2011 at 10:38 am (6 years ago)

amazing finds~can’t wait to see what your great eye comes up with~ and i love fall shows!

6. Kristen
    October 6, 2011 at 9:11 am (6 years ago)

i loved pan am too! such a pretty show 🙂 those fiberglass chairs are FANFREAKINGTASTIC, sister. i love ’em. this weather is great for painting, huh? everyone i tell that too seems surprised, btu it’s great for faster drying (unlike the humid summer) and not so hot that you can’t stand being outside!!

7. The Glam Lamb
    October 24, 2011 at 10:24 pm (6 years ago)

cant wait to see the fiberglass chairs!! I absolutely love those!!! send me a tweet when you fnish em!! xoxo