STUDIO WORK

My weekend started like this.

People kept driving by and slowing down as if I was having a yard sale. I know my neighbors have been dying to see what my garage looks like since it seems like I’m outside with a new piece every week. Saturday they got their chance to take a looky-loo. I pulled almost everything out of my garage and got down to sorting and cleaning–I just couldn’t take having to navigate the garage anymore. It was seriously getting dangerous.

For those of you who didn’t know, I work from home which means all of my stripping, painting and staining is done within the confines of my garage. This is a SINGLE CAR garage, mind you, which also doubles as my “showroom”/ storage unit so as you can imagine, it gets super tight in my little studio. In addition to a space for refinishing and storage, I had to contend with a huge stack of boxes  (needed to ship items from my shop) and also wanted to create a space to photograph my loot.  I took my garage from this…

to this…
Now it may not look like it to you, but this is REAL PROGRESS. I ended up with 2 huge truckloads of things that I (sadly) had to give to Goodwill, but it was all for a greater goal.
 I even managed to get  my “photography studio” in order, so you know what that means…
 I’m big time now, y’all.

11 Comments on STUDIO WORK

1. Katie
    September 13, 2011 at 8:25 am (6 years ago)

Great job on the reorg of your garage! I need to do the same thing.

2. Rae
    September 13, 2011 at 12:18 pm (6 years ago)

What I want to know is what Goodwill did you gave your stuff to! I love to scavenge!

3. Bri@Meyouandawiener
    September 13, 2011 at 12:35 pm (6 years ago)

Gurl my garage is 20x worse. Trust me. Your garage is really organized compared to mine.

4. Holly
    September 13, 2011 at 12:40 pm (6 years ago)

You certainly did clean that garage out – I wish I was a neighbor so I could take a look through your give-aways. But must feel great to have a cleaned out work space now.

5. Brown Girl Decorating
    September 13, 2011 at 2:49 pm (6 years ago)

Job well done. I know my garage looks much like the before pic here. I also do all my work at home so need to do a purge as well.

6. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    September 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm (6 years ago)

I have no doubt that it took you hours to make that kind of progress. It was worth it though, you need your space to photograph all of your updated lovelies. Good luck Dayka!

7. angela | the painted house
    September 13, 2011 at 8:21 pm (6 years ago)

Doesn’t just feel so good to get that kind of work done? And, I was gonna say the same thing: which Goodwill??? 🙂

Looking good in the paper, btw!!

8. Dayka (Life +Style)
    September 13, 2011 at 8:38 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, everyone. I’m not that great at cleaning, but I really appreciate a clean & organized space. It’s so nice to be able to actually walk a straight path in there now (I find myself peeking in a few times a day in awe).

Oh, and I took my stuff to the one on Lavista in Tucker. I put a lamp that had cracked edges on the street for trash pickup, but i saw the garbage guy (don’t know what the proper name is…) put it in the cab of the truck yesterday. made me feel special to see him upcycling…

9. Niki McNeill
    September 14, 2011 at 9:51 pm (6 years ago)

I know this was so much work!! Kudos to you for getting it done!

10. Quintel
    September 14, 2011 at 10:15 pm (6 years ago)

yeah, you’re big time now girlie!

11. The Glam Lamb
    September 16, 2011 at 3:40 pm (6 years ago)

oh that looks like the most fun garage EVER!! AND I absolutely love that campaign style side table to the right. Amazzzzing!!! Please don’t sell it!! Keep it and do something completely fabulous with it!! xoxo