MASTER BEDROOM PHOTOS

Posting was light last week, but with good reason! I was contacted Monday by a national media outlet looking to include yours truly in an article about Atlanta Interior Designers. I was beyond thrilled to be asked, and it also gave me the push to take some new interior images to include with my article. I really wanted to include the dining room I’m currently finishing for a client but since we’re a few weeks away from completion, the next closest project is my master bedroom. As I shared with you guys before, I have everything I need for my bedroom except my wall art (currently out of stock) and my fabulous Bergére/wingback chair, of which I’m still waiting for the fabric to arrive. Still, I called my up photographer extraordinaire, Christina Wedge, and we scheduled our shoot for Friday. We only took a few shots since a few of the final pieces weren’t in place), but I am ecstatic with the results! Without further adieu, here’s your peek at the place where I do most of my blogging, business planning, reading, and Grey’s Anatomy-watching–step into my bedroom…

**I know the light looks odd, but it’s actually a ceiling fan! The fan didn’t seem to be moving that fast, but clearly it was–you only see a slight whirl of the blades!**

Might I remind you that ALL OF THE FURNITURE PIECES YOU SEE HERE ARE VINTAGE, THRIFTED/CRAIGSLISTED/SECONDHAND AND HAVE BEEN REFINISHED BY YOURS TRULY??? Yup, you read that right–secondhand, thrift stores, someone else’s “junk”, etc. If you haven’t seen the before photos of these pieces, you must to click here to see how everything started. You’ll have to stay tuned for the next Master Bedroom reveal but in the meantime, I’d be delighted if you left me a little comment down below…

**In the fine print I’ll tell you that the only exception to this declaration is the gorgeous Nanette Leather Chair which was on loan to me from my fine friends at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Atlanta. (This may sound like a plug, but only because it’s the truth–you won’t find a more service-oriented and all around great group of industry people than the sales & management team @ MGBWAtlanta. They’re hip, they read blogs, and they’re all about design. If you’re not buying your furniture from them, you should be!)**

29 Comments on MASTER BEDROOM PHOTOS

1. Tiffany @ Savor Home
    August 1, 2011 at 8:16 am (6 years ago)

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! You did a fabulous job girl! Im in love with those lamps. I’m dying to see the rest. Hope you had a great weekend!

2. Decor & Harmony @ 4290
    August 1, 2011 at 8:45 am (6 years ago)

This is such a fabulous, chic and modern space. I love the combination of colors. DIY is the way to go, I’m sure you get a lot of personal satisfaction from creating and decorating. Congratulations on your article! By the way can I have those lamps? They look splendid and fierce.

3. Inez of Style Chic 360
    August 1, 2011 at 9:51 am (6 years ago)

I LOVE your room it is so fab! Love those polka dots sheets! Everything is so crisp, simple but so chic!

4. The Scott's Crib
    August 1, 2011 at 10:29 am (6 years ago)

Girl I love it all! The color and those gold lamps…Im actually not to partial to gold but this picture made me want to try my hand at it possibly in my office.

5. confettistyle
    August 1, 2011 at 11:22 am (6 years ago)

Dayka, your bedroom looks stunning. I love the transformation of all the pieces, especially the lamps. I can’t wait to see the finished space.
    Design on!

6. autumn
    August 1, 2011 at 12:05 pm (6 years ago)

congratulations on the upcoming article. that is FABULOUS! and your bedroom is beautiful. i love all the details…the trim on the drapes especially. and those LAMPS!!! genius. *love.

7. SHERRY HART
    August 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm (6 years ago)

Dayka…Love Love love…..It is so clean, tailored and just right! Word girl……

8. Erika Ward
    August 1, 2011 at 1:24 pm (6 years ago)

Over the moon about your upcoming press! *fist bump* What a phenomenal illustration of up-cycling. Most will be caught by surprised to see how “other’s ppl’s junk” can be transformed into something quite elegant! Lovely job as always!!

9. Jae
    August 1, 2011 at 4:06 pm (6 years ago)

love!

10. Flavia @ Estilo Home
    August 1, 2011 at 5:23 pm (6 years ago)

The room looks so beautiful, and congratulations on such grea press!!

11. ARenaissanceWoman
    August 1, 2011 at 7:00 pm (6 years ago)

Your room looks great! A little thrifting goes a long way!!!!

12. Lori
    August 1, 2011 at 10:09 pm (6 years ago)

I am so impressed, but definitely not surprised, Dayka. Your master is just beautiful and this lamps, I love them so much! So happy for you! Can’t wait to see more!
    Take care,
    Lori

13. My Interior Life
    August 1, 2011 at 10:35 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations, Dayka! Such great news about your upcoming article. How wonderful. And your bedroom looks amazing. Can’t wait to see your chair. And where are those stools (the twins of the ones I have)? Are they going at the end of the bed at some point? Love it!!

14. Kelle Dame
    August 2, 2011 at 9:54 am (6 years ago)

LOVE LOVE LOVE this bedroom!!!! You did an amazing job! It’s so elegant and crisp! Congrats on the article! That is so exciting! Your hard work is certainly paying off 🙂
    All the BEST!!
    Kelle
    xoxo

August 2, 2011 at 10:08 am (6 years ago)

Looking forward to reading the article — your bedroom looks good!! Glad you kept those gold lamps, I always loved them after you re-did them! 🙂

16. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    August 2, 2011 at 10:35 am (6 years ago)

I want those lamps! A job well done Dayka. Congrats on the upcoming feature, hope you’ll share all the details when it is published.

17. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    August 2, 2011 at 12:02 pm (6 years ago)

Oh yes. This is great. If in fact you come home this evening and your comforter, pillows and lamps are all missing and by chance you happen to find them in one of my clients homes, I will say, I didnt do it and I am not sure who did.

Just in case…ya know….

BRILLIANT!

-Ray-

18. Melissa
    August 2, 2011 at 12:21 pm (6 years ago)

That bedding is amazing!!!!!!!!!! Thrifting is the only way to go…you are truly an inspiration.

19. Bernadette @ b3hd
    August 2, 2011 at 9:57 pm (6 years ago)

Gorgeous and purposeful. Loving all the hits of glam gold going on.

Bernadette @b3hd
    b3hd.blogspot.com

20. Tshepo
    August 4, 2011 at 11:30 am (6 years ago)

Amazing, but I think I’m going to have steal those lamps. They are beautiful.

21. Ally
    August 4, 2011 at 1:01 pm (6 years ago)

Like the other commenters said, I just love those lamps. I’ve shared the lamp before & afters with at least five people (and the owl lamp before & after)! You’ve inspired me to keep my eyes out for lamps at thrift stores. I have a question about the black lampshades- do they provide enough light? 🙂 Ally @ Fever Thrift

22. Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones
    August 9, 2011 at 2:43 am (6 years ago)

I LOOOOOOVEEEE ur room Dayka! yes boo! ‘

PS we have got to get some kind of email reply thing going on lol so we dont keep missing each other 🙂

Not ignoring you!!! MUAH

PSS
    Congratulations on the article!!!

23. Mrs. EJ
    August 11, 2011 at 3:48 pm (6 years ago)

This room is awesome. So rich. Don’t tell me the bedding was thrifted?? I want that entire look. Now. Just loverly.

24. Full House
    August 14, 2011 at 12:49 pm (6 years ago)

Dayka, congrats on the fun opportunity. It’s not a bad thing to be pushed like that to finish projects:-) As for your room it looks so fabulous. You know it takes a real talent to create a room that looks like this on a budget. I spy your fabric that we were trying to find more of. Did you ever get your hands on more of it?

25. P.S. I love this...
    August 17, 2011 at 11:26 am (6 years ago)

That rooms is awesome!! Love the expert mix of patterns. And those LAMPS… gorgeous!!

Congrats on the new press. =)

26. Heidi
    October 1, 2012 at 9:41 am (5 years ago)

Hi – Can you share the bedding designer/pattern? I have a red upholstered bed and have been looking for new bedding in prints just like the one you have!

27. Dayka
    October 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm (5 years ago)

Hey Heidi,

The bedskirt & Euros were custom-made. The duvet is off the rack (Home Goods/Marshalls), and the polka dot sheets are by Ralph Lauren. Good luck on your bedroom!

28. Anonymous
    October 10, 2012 at 11:12 pm (5 years ago)

love the room!

where did you get your blinds from?

29. Dayka
    October 10, 2012 at 11:16 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks so much.

The blinds came from Target years ago, back when they used to sell bamboo shades. For a similar product, try Overstock.com or Home Depot.