FIND OF THE WEEK

I get such satisfaction from the looks on people’s faces when they see me trying to squeeze a big piece of ugly furniture in my car. It’s a look that says, “you poor thing, you have no sense of style–what do you think you’re doing?”. The thing is, I know what I’m doing, so I always feel this sense of “I know something you don’t know” pride. This dirty, beat-up ol’ wingback settee is gorgeous and such a scene-stealer…you just can’t tell right now ’cause it’s a diamond in the rough!  Reupholstering it in a really amazing pattern would be breathtaking, but I’m also enamored with the idea of this..

A loose cushion with contrasting box cushion fabric–LOVE. And sprucing it up with a little of this…

Nailhead detail and back tufting–YUM. So even though it’s only Wednesday, this wingback is my find of the week. Delight in it!

**I didn’t find too many photos of wingback settees I liked, so if you know of a good one, leave me the info in a comment or email me!**

12 Comments on FIND OF THE WEEK

1. Lauren@BaylorSays...
    August 10, 2011 at 8:24 am (6 years ago)

I’m new here, so I’ll have to click around and check out your skills! But girl, do I know that sense of pride when I’m hauling something uggo. Ha!!! I pity the people without redo vision. πŸ™‚

2. Kim@Chattafabulous
    August 10, 2011 at 9:36 am (6 years ago)

Oh my gosh what a cute settee! I am so looking forward to your spin on it!

3. Tshepo
    August 10, 2011 at 10:42 am (6 years ago)

Awesome! But a quick question for us novices who are not in the business. What is an easy and affordable way to reupholster a piece of furniture like a wingback or a settee?

August 10, 2011 at 10:59 am (6 years ago)

So cute! great find, I love the idea of a one large cushion. I also think a short pleated skirt would look cute depending on the fabric πŸ™‚

5. Dayka (Life +Style)
    August 10, 2011 at 6:07 pm (6 years ago)

@Tshepo: unfortunately, the only “cheap” way to reupholster furniture is to learn how to do it yourself! it’s a skill i wish i knew how to do, but i don’t, so i have to send it out to an expert like everyone else. the upside is–i know it will be perfect when i get it back, and i never have to worry about wasting my fabric!

6. hollyG
    August 10, 2011 at 6:11 pm (6 years ago)

This is so true – sometimes I feel like people feel sorry for me like “what is she going to do with that” but little do they know what we have up our sleeves. Great! I even have some friends who still turn their nose up at the idea of thrifting – if they only knew the great stuff they can find and make their own!

7. Sharstin
    August 10, 2011 at 11:16 pm (6 years ago)

and that is what i love about you! whatever you put your hands on turns out amazing! you have fantastic taste and style~ can’t wait to see this bad boy finished:) and yes–Zoee is getting SO big! kills me:)

8. Elisa @ What the Vita
    August 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm (6 years ago)

Love how you describe that feeling, I agree 100% πŸ™‚ Where did you find the cute settee? It is definitely going to be beautiful after whatever you decide to do to it! The shape is just perfect.

9. AB HOME Interiors
    August 13, 2011 at 10:25 am (6 years ago)

Gotta agree with you…it is a diamond in the rough! Can’t wait to see it completed!

10. theLENNOXX
    August 13, 2011 at 1:51 pm (6 years ago)

Ohh Dayka I totally see the potential in this piece too, the wings are gorgeous. Pull up that skirt and expose those (hopefully) lovely legs, and it will be a certified beauty!

xox Linda =)

11. Full House
    August 14, 2011 at 12:21 pm (6 years ago)

That thing is sweet. Are you sure you don’t want to keep the skirting as is…

I smiled when you talked about fitting things into your car..can fully relate with that.