FIND OF THE WEEK: VINTAGE BRASS + GLASS COFFEE TABLE

It’s just glass and brass, but what really makes this coffee table amazing is the clean, simple detail of the base. Not only is it stunning with the glass top (minus the reflection of the overhead lights), but you could really take it to the next level by adding a custom marble slab. Here are some options I’d use…
The veining in this Austral Dream slab is gorgeous. It’s not cheap, but won’t break the bank as a coffee table top.

Alba Chiara. A nice departure from your standard Carrara, but still neural enough to work with any design scheme. Check out the brass + marble collaborations below…

Not a bad upgrade for a thrift store coffee table, right??

13 Comments on FIND OF THE WEEK: VINTAGE BRASS + GLASS COFFEE TABLE

1. Melissa Crochet
    August 17, 2011 at 7:33 am (6 years ago)

Love! What a great find…the possibilities are endless but I think it’s great just the way it is.

2. The Scott's Crib
    August 17, 2011 at 8:09 am (6 years ago)

Ooh, that’s a great find! I wish I could have a glass top coffee table:( Unfortunately the table and my toddler won’t get a long.

3. Angela
    August 17, 2011 at 8:45 am (6 years ago)

Beautiful!

4. Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones
    August 17, 2011 at 10:55 pm (6 years ago)

UGHHH ROLLING MY EYES 😉 Funny story soooo I passed up A FABULOUS BRASS coffee table a month ago.. because it was 25.00 o btw lately ive been OBSESSED with brass anywahy me being cheap, I thought y am i going to spen 25.00 for a coffee table when the thrift stores i go to atleat 3 times a weak sell stuff for dirt cheap… and the ones that ive seen since have been CRAP this was in PERFECT CONDITION smh.. Matter of fact im going to cross my fingers and pray its there tom if it is ITS MINE LOL GREAT FIND! BRASS + MARBLE = UBER UBER SEXY!

5. Holly
    August 17, 2011 at 11:24 pm (6 years ago)

It’s great. You are one fantastic thrift shopper!

6. Bernadette @b3hd
    August 19, 2011 at 1:22 am (6 years ago)

Love it the way it is. That base is TDF. And yeah…I rock glass coffee tables like I’m not at all afraid of my clumsy self.

And. What.

Great find!
    Bernadette

7. theLENNOXX
    August 20, 2011 at 5:44 am (6 years ago)

What an amazing table find! I love the idea of the marble, but I think I prefer this particular table with a glass top, as it lets you enjoy the beautiful shape and details of the frame.

Either way, I’d want one!

xox Linda

8. Pixie
    August 20, 2011 at 6:50 pm (6 years ago)

LOVE that table! Wow, how come I never find cool stuff like that?

9. Joi
    August 25, 2011 at 9:53 pm (6 years ago)

That’s a great table! I love your suggestions for it.

10. Erika Ward
    August 31, 2011 at 3:32 pm (6 years ago)

When you pulled out the marble slabs I had to clutch my pearls! Good bye glass!!

11. Desiree
    September 19, 2011 at 6:42 pm (6 years ago)

I have been searching for months looking for a coffee table like that! What a great find! I love the simple lines and design.