Subscribe to our newsletter. Get our expert tips on designing a home & creating a life with intention-- delivered straight to your inbox!

The party last night was a huge hit. Runaway success. People stayed so long that our manager friends had to cut the lights out to get them to go home. And then we had a mini-after party in the back room with the MG+BW staff that was so funny, I unfortunately can’t even share it all with you. To say it simply, my cup runneth over. I’m so grateful to Ben Collins, owner of Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Atlanta (in addition to MG+BW Dallas & MG+BW Nashville) who enthusiastically partnered with us and his amazing team (Jonathan, Hayley, Claudia, Abby, & Jennifer) who all worked so tirelessly to help make this event a success. The energy was really electric–everyone who came was genuinely impressed with our mission at Room Service Atlanta and blown away by the work we accomplished at the Nicholas House. I’m exhausted & still swamped with work (Can you believe I’m the coordinator for a wedding that’s taking place this Friday/Saturday??!), but I wanted to share some pics while this is still fresh on my mind. If you’re here in Atlanta and missed the party, you might get sad looking at these. The was one of the most supportive, encouraging party crowds I’ve seen! And if you’ve never had a cake pop from Candy Cake Company, I feel bad for you.

Heaven on a stick

Here’s a pictorial of our evening:

Jonathan White (Manager) & Ben Collins (Owner)

Jonathan & MG+BW Atlanta staff
My sister, Bahiyah & friends who came out to support (sister is far right)!
Marcus & I–a good friend who always keeps me cracking up!

Dennis Bowman, Executive Director of Nicholas House addressing crowd
Kelli Flournoy & Niya Mc Iver of Candy Cake Company

Rashon Carraway (Mr.GWHunting) made it all the way from South Carolina!
Anisa & Julie (Milk & Honey Home)
 Ili & Courtney (Terra Cotta Properties)

Rashon & Dorothy, manager of Calico Corners Dunwoody
    My sis & I

Mini  “after-party”

Erika, Dennis, & myself
**If you shop MG+BW Atlanta this weekend (thru Sunday) and mention Room Service Atlanta, 20% of your full price purchase goes back to our organization, so now’s a great time to go buy that new couch and let your money do double service!**

12 Comments on Success

1. Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design
    May 26, 2011 at 6:35 am (4 years ago)

Looks like the party was a huge success!! Congrats again on everything you and Erika have accomplished! You guys rock!

2. Kristen
    May 26, 2011 at 9:13 am (4 years ago)

UGH! i’m so sad i missed out!!! it looks like it was a beautiful and fun party…thank you again for having me work with the team…can’t wait for the next one.

3. Terry
    May 26, 2011 at 9:25 am (4 years ago)

It was a great event celebrating a great event. Thanks so much and thanks to cake pops.

4. Sharstin
    May 26, 2011 at 12:06 pm (4 years ago)

Fantastc!! You look gorgeous, and yes, cake pops are heaven on a stick:)

5. Flavia @ Estilo Home
    May 26, 2011 at 3:14 pm (4 years ago)

Wow, congratulations! What a great success!! Love your dress, by the way.

6. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    May 26, 2011 at 5:44 pm (4 years ago)

I will support my sisters if they go to redecorate the moon.

Thats what family does.

Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

7. Dayka (Life +Style)
    May 26, 2011 at 7:05 pm (4 years ago)

thank you all! i can’t tell you how much fun it was & i appreciate you taking the time to share in my joy! @rashon: so sweet of you to make the trek to show your support. you know we go WAAAYYYY back! :)

May 26, 2011 at 7:10 pm (4 years ago)

I’m so pissed I missed it!!!!! And meeting Mr. Goodwill himself. WOW! You guys are rock stars and should be so proud of the work you have done. I am proud to know you and Erica both. When I get back in town the week of the 4th, I promise we can get together with Jan and she will give you any advise she can!

9. Lori
    May 27, 2011 at 9:54 pm (4 years ago)

So much fun for such a great cause! It was wonderful to hear from one of the residents of Nicholas House as well!

Have a wonderful weekend, friend!

10. angela | the painted house
    May 27, 2011 at 10:09 pm (4 years ago)

What a perfect way to wrap up the project–beautiful people and beautiful furniture all in one place, heaven!

Loved what Dennis had to say. You and Erika are more awesome than awesome. So proud to be associated with the first Room Service project!

11. Lynn
    May 31, 2011 at 2:41 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you for including me in your celebration. Congrats on the success of Room Service Atlanta and your partnership wiht MGBW. It was a pleasure (and an honor) to be included in the festivities.