Thrift Store Art

This piece of art is the centerpiece of my yet to be finished living room. It’s huge and interesting in a way that’s almost ugly, but still beautiful at the same time. I love the colors and the fact that the frame is kind of knocked around along the edges. The beauty of thrift store art is that it’s almost always a delicate balance of ugly & beautiful, something that’s unique but gives you pause as to whether you can really pull it off or not. My 40″x60.5″ piece was only $10–now that’s what I call some pretty fly unique & original art!

9 Comments on Thrift Store Art

1. Tiffany @ Savor Home
    April 4, 2011 at 8:10 am (7 years ago)

I would never think that would come from a thrift store… It’s got character and I love the colors, too…

2. SHERRY HART
    April 4, 2011 at 9:24 am (7 years ago)

Dayka…you better quit buying my stuff at the thrift store. I go in and when I find nothing I think crap Dayka’s already been here 🙂

3. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    April 4, 2011 at 9:50 am (7 years ago)

I really like the colors too and where else can you find something that large that doesn’t cost over $1,000?

4. Danielle {freshquince}
    April 4, 2011 at 11:17 am (7 years ago)

Delicate balance of ugly and beautiful…hahaha so true! I sometimes question my own purchases. In fact I’m staring at a brightly colored oil painting that I got a few weeks back and believe me it’s right on the cusp of fugly, but I love it for some reason. Have an awesome week!

5. Niki McNeill
    April 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm (7 years ago)

I love how you said it’s almost ugly! Haha that’s my favorite type of art… they kind that makes you slightly uncomfortable.

6. Kelle Dame
    April 4, 2011 at 8:55 pm (7 years ago)

I know what you mean. The almost ugly stuff is really intriguing! It’s been too long since my last thrift store trip! Thanks for the inspiration 😉
    Kelle
    xx

7. Elisa @ What the Vita
    April 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm (7 years ago)

Looks great! I always search for art at thrift stores, no luck so far but someday…

8. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    April 20, 2011 at 8:31 pm (7 years ago)

@ $10 you can’t go wrong.
    Even if you tire of it you can always always paint over it.
    You cant buy a huge frame for $10!

Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting