Found:Vintage 70’s Dining Set

Alright, I actually need your help here. I found this great set in January and I fell in love with it because of its modern base & large tabletop.  Even though the table itself isn’t that high, I think it’ll be perfectly suited to outdoor entertaining after a coat or two of automotive paint.  I want to say it’s based on a well-known design, but I’m not quite sure… any thoughts??

15 Comments on Found:Vintage 70’s Dining Set

1. Lori @ Lori May Interiors
    March 22, 2011 at 6:07 am (6 years ago)

Sorry I can’t help, but I do love it! Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

2. The Sister Sophisticate
    March 22, 2011 at 6:53 am (6 years ago)

It looks to me like mid century Russell Woodard table. I think that’s who or what you maybe referring too!

3. The Sister Sophisticate
    March 22, 2011 at 6:59 am (6 years ago)

Ok just did a little diggin! Warren Platner! Platner Collection (1962).

4. Dayka (Life +Style)
    March 22, 2011 at 8:19 am (6 years ago)

ooh–Russell Woodard and Warren Platner are VERY close, especially WP! I was wondering if one came with a wooden top, but I’m thinking that this might just be the knock-offf version. Either way, I’m diggin’ this table. Thanks for doing some investigation for me!

5. L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys
    March 22, 2011 at 8:26 am (6 years ago)

I think some did come with a walnut top, but that was rare… Either way I’m loving it! And automotive paint will protect it from the elements? cool beans! I probably would seperate the chairs from the table. Just too much going on for me:)

6. Stephanie Sabbe
    March 22, 2011 at 8:31 am (6 years ago)

I studied a ton of furniture in school and do not recall this exact set BUT I looooove it! Amazing. So Jonathan Adler if you added some color. Great find!

7. Kristen
    March 22, 2011 at 8:56 am (6 years ago)

awesome, i love it! how do people get rid of such treasures ?!?

March 22, 2011 at 12:22 pm (6 years ago)

love it – minus the chairs 🙂

9. LESAPEA MUSINGS
    March 22, 2011 at 3:54 pm (6 years ago)

I would love to see that in white. But what color were you thinking Dayka???

Lisa xx

10. Danielle {freshquince}
    March 23, 2011 at 9:35 am (6 years ago)

I think it’s rad…I would paint the base gold and the top bright white. Great outdoor set for sure! I have a set that I have wanted to paint for a long time with automotive paint, but worried it may be pricey…

11. Kelle Dame
    March 23, 2011 at 9:46 am (6 years ago)

It’s really cool!! I love it! What about white and grass green? The options are endless. I know whatever you do, it’s gonna look awesome!
    Hope you’re having a great week.
    Kelle
    xx

12. Moni @ CL Journal
    March 24, 2011 at 2:00 am (6 years ago)

I love it! Cannot wait to see what you do with the chairs!

13. Brooke's Closet
    March 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm (6 years ago)

Another person trash is surely another persons TREASURE! this is a TREAT n TREASURE…

An outside patty would love to have this on it! Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Lucky GAL