When A Photographer & Stylist Get Together…

In preparation for my stint at Scott’s, I called my genius photographer Christina Wedge and had her stop by my house to shoot a set of 1960s Polish Thonet Bentwood chairs I found a few weeks ago while thrifting.

The set was in near perfect condition with a price tag to match!  After searching my paint decks, I found the most perfect shade of yellow, Forstythia Blossom (212-4) by PPG Porter, filled my paint sprayer and went to town.  I used the existing table in my eat-in kitchen, added a recently purchased beautifully detailed antique mirror and let Christina do her thing.
I’d like to think that magic happens when a photographer and a stylist get together…

24 Comments on When A Photographer & Stylist Get Together…

1. Julie
    February 22, 2011 at 8:09 am (6 years ago)

Wow, Dayka!!! Amazing. Love this picture so much!

2. SHERRY HART
    February 22, 2011 at 8:28 am (6 years ago)

Dayka…Love the picture. Did you sell those at Scott’s? If not…you should have had that picture there to show everyone!!! Curious…did you find that thrift store?

3. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    February 22, 2011 at 8:55 am (6 years ago)

Enchanted!

I would love it if you’d do a post sometime about tips for using a paint sprayer, something I’ve never tried.

4. Savor Home
    February 22, 2011 at 9:11 am (6 years ago)

Perfectly styled! I’m loving the mirror…

5. Kim@Chattafabulous
    February 22, 2011 at 10:16 am (6 years ago)

How is it that a great photographer can capture things that we can’t? I love that yellow on the chairs and the entire vignette is divine!

6. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    February 22, 2011 at 10:40 am (6 years ago)

I’m with Karen. I have always wanted a paint sprayer, but I am unsure of how to use it.

The shot is beyond amazing.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

7. Dayka (Life +Style)
    February 22, 2011 at 10:51 am (6 years ago)

@ Karen & MrGWH–Will absolutely do! It seems difficult, but I used a cheapy one and it’s really rather easy. Thanks for the tip!

8. Danielle
    February 22, 2011 at 10:59 am (6 years ago)

Oh yeah there is magic alright!! Stunning in fact! My mother recently was given 2 thonet chairs for free from a friend and guess what they are safely in my clutches. You have inspired me to possibly paint them yellow! Thanks for sharing! So happy to have stumbled upon your blog!

9. Karen
    February 22, 2011 at 12:02 pm (6 years ago)

That is stunning! and a gorgeous shot.

February 22, 2011 at 12:37 pm (6 years ago)

Looks cute!! I love those chairs – the styling looks great.

I have almost the exact same brentwood chair and painted my chair almost the exact same color back in Sept — too funny!!:)My chair resides in corner in our living room – love yellow

11. AprilDenise
    February 22, 2011 at 6:29 pm (6 years ago)

Ok Dayka… I think I would have passed those chairs by… But you know what I love to see how others interput different styles and add their twist to it.

You know what I mean I think you mentioned it in a post awhile back when you and Lekeitha were out thrift one day..LOL

But I 3rd the motion on the spray can instructions. I’ve looked at them before but the price usually turns me in the other direction. Would love to know the brand?

Thanks for sharing!
    AprilDenise

12. My @ tha Hotness
    February 22, 2011 at 11:36 pm (6 years ago)

GORGEOUS!!! I might be slightly jealous at how amazing these are. 🙂

13. Lori
    February 23, 2011 at 12:12 am (6 years ago)

Looove the chairs and the beautiful photo!

14. Sara
    February 23, 2011 at 12:37 am (6 years ago)

Absolutely gorgeous Dayka! Did you have to do anything special to get in the little nooks and crannies of the cane? I have my chairs still to do but am getting nervous…

15. theeclecticlife
    February 23, 2011 at 1:55 pm (6 years ago)

That is seriously impressive. I absolutely love bentwood chairs. What a great eye to find them and refinish them in such a great yellow!

16. TamStyles
    February 24, 2011 at 3:37 am (6 years ago)

yes you did your thing..love the color and the styling.

17. charm home
    February 25, 2011 at 10:18 am (6 years ago)

WOW. It looks awesome. Why didn’t you keep those for yourself???

18. Tracy
    February 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm (6 years ago)

Very nice repurposing! They are way better than before. 🙂

19. Jamie L. Loop
    May 31, 2011 at 4:17 pm (6 years ago)

These chairs are stunning! You inspired me… and I searched all weekend and found FIVE of the same chairs for my dining room!

Going to paint them this weekend!!!

THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO TO INSPIRE US! xo Jamie

20. Bernadette
    July 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm (6 years ago)

Thinking I’m going to have to get in good with a great photographer. Helps to have style skills for days too I suppose. Great match and LOVE the color of those chairs. Would be so perfect in my yellow/black and white house of crazy.

bernadette

21. DESIGNITIGIRL
    April 3, 2013 at 7:15 pm (4 years ago)

love the look i have chairs similar to the yellow ones and painted aqua! Love chairs stop my blog and say HI! I featured your chairs their. 🙂