TGIF.

(is this not one of the most AMAZING kitchens!!?? LOVE.  via Better Homes & Gardens)

What I know for sure is that no matter where you stand right now–on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut–you need to give yourself the best that you have to offer in this moment. This is it. Rather than depleting yourself with judgements about what you haven’t done, who you could have become, why you haven’t moved faster, or what you should have changed, redirect that energy toward the next big push–the one that takes you from enough to better.  The one that takes you from adequate to extraordinary.  The one that helps you rise up from a low moment and reach for your personal best.
                                                                                       -Oprah Winfrey

10 Comments on TGIF.

1. Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design
    August 13, 2010 at 3:47 pm (7 years ago)

That is the perfect quote for how I have been feeling these days! Printing this off right now!!

Have a great weekend & thank you for the birthday wishes!

xo Jade

2. Julie Holloway
    August 13, 2010 at 4:11 pm (7 years ago)

love this kitchen! I can’t believe I haven’t seen it yet. I do love the image, but I love Oprah more šŸ™‚ Have a good weekend.

3. niki.mac
    August 14, 2010 at 1:49 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks for the inspiring words! And those leather chairs are fantastic!

4. charm home
    August 18, 2010 at 8:50 pm (7 years ago)

I’ve never seen that kitchen but it’s pretty friggin’ amazing! Thanks for sharing.

5. L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys
    August 18, 2010 at 10:27 pm (7 years ago)

That is a great kitchen!

This quote is just what I needed after my day today! I may have to print it out myself!

Hey….What have you been up to? Get back to blogging missy!

6. Kelle Dame
    August 19, 2010 at 9:50 am (7 years ago)

Thank you for sharing that quote with such an amazing kitchen. I love that this kitchen doesn’t feel like a kitchen. Makes me want to live more by the question “why not?”