Thrift Store Finds!

Can you believe it??

I found this amazing faux bamboo mirror at a thrift store I NEVER go to, because they NEVER have anything . . . but I guess I won’t be able to say that anymore!  The faux bamboo mirror I found a few months back was nowhere near as fabulous as this one, ’cause this one’s famous.  You may even remember it from LA designer Vanessa De Vargas‘ spread in Lonny Magazine a few months back.

Yup, it’s the same one (well, not the same one, but you know what I mean).  For now I’ll be keeping it for my home, but there’s a possibility it may be up for sale in the future.  If so, I’ll definitely post it here.
Finding this mirror led me to search the internet for others like it, and I found a treasure trove!  Here are a few looks at some of the great faux bamboo mirrors floating around the web . . .

via Google images

I like to think that faux bamboo makes everything better . . . don’t you agree??

27 Comments on Thrift Store Finds!

1. charmaine
    July 5, 2010 at 9:34 am (7 years ago)

Yay! Great find! I have the same one in white.

2. Dayka (Life +Style)
    July 5, 2010 at 11:03 am (7 years ago)

@michelle–thanks! i look A LOT, and haven’t been finding too much lately, so i guess this is my reward!

@ karen-what tends to happen is that i keep things for awhile, then end up finding something “better” to replace it. not sure if that will happen this time, but i’m open! 🙂

hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

3. LESAPEA MUSINGS
    July 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm (7 years ago)

I need to go shopping with you, that’s a great find. Loving your blog, I’m glad I got to meet you.

Lisa

4. Sharstin
    July 5, 2010 at 12:44 pm (7 years ago)

what an awesome find! i want to go shopping with you!!

5. Dayka (Life +Style)
    July 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm (7 years ago)

maybe i should start a thrift store shopping trip a la eddie ross, lol! thanks, ladies. 🙂

6. Doug Eash
    July 5, 2010 at 10:13 pm (7 years ago)

Hey, you have a famous mirror and a good collection of bamboo mirror images…Today I went to THRIFTSMART in NASHVILLE and they had the coolest faux trimmed bamboo hutch for $100.00 and it had hand painted pictures of bamboo plants on all of the door’s and was in great shape. I think you would have liked it.

July 6, 2010 at 11:48 am (7 years ago)

what a great find loving it!!

8. The Matters of Style Girls
    July 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm (7 years ago)

Wow, awesome!!! That same one is on CL here for $85, but I think that is too high for me. LOVE

9. Kelle Dame
    July 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm (7 years ago)

agreed! Some dreams do come true at the thrift store!

10. Dayka (Life +Style)
    July 6, 2010 at 8:06 pm (7 years ago)

@ doug–i’m sure i would’ve–it sounds right up my alley!

@ allison–painting is always a thought, but i’m still deciding where it’s going. once i settle on a spot i’ll know which color (if any) to choose.

@kelle–dreams MOST DEFINITELY come true at thrift stores! 🙂

11. charm home
    July 6, 2010 at 11:02 pm (7 years ago)

I love your new find! That mirror looks so much like the one from the spread in Lonny. You are one lucky lady to have found it. I can’t wait to see what you decide to do with it. -c

12. autumn
    July 7, 2010 at 12:52 am (7 years ago)

suh—weeeeet score!
    i am super, duper jealous, but so glad for you.
    i bet you smiled all the way home when bringing that beauty home from the store!
    🙂

13. Dayka (Life +Style)
    July 7, 2010 at 12:56 am (7 years ago)

@autumn– oh yes! i wasn’t having the best day before, but finding it made made me smile all the way home. i kept looking at it through the window of my car thinking, “it’s really mine????”

if i haven’t said it before, i LOVE thrift stores!

14. Averill
    July 7, 2010 at 6:36 pm (7 years ago)

Of course! I love bamboo. And your mirror is fab. Can’t wait to see where you put it.

15. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    July 9, 2010 at 8:02 am (7 years ago)

I don’t anything bamboo except for my blinds and now I’m thinking I need to be on the hunt! Fabulous find!

16. Chic Chocolate
    July 9, 2010 at 10:44 am (7 years ago)

I LOVE that green piece! I need that in my house!!!!!

17. theLENNOXX
    July 11, 2010 at 4:08 am (7 years ago)

Both mirrors are fantastic, you always fins the chicest stuff *envious* haha!

18. Fran
    July 11, 2010 at 7:29 am (7 years ago)

Fantastic find! So funny, I found the exact same one as my local goodwill store for $8! I mean…goodwill store….this beauty!?! I’m so happy for you….the possibilities are endless!

Love your blog, I’ll be following!

19. classic casual home
    December 19, 2010 at 8:05 pm (7 years ago)

They never go out of style and always look fresh!
    Mary Ann