Tides Hotel, Miami

The image of this Kelly Wearstler designed guest room at the Tides Hotel in Miami caught my eye mainly because of the those fabulous lamps, but also because I also noticed an interesting feature.  In addition the table lamps, she also thought to include wall mounted lights at the guest’s bedside. Normally double lamps might be a turnoff, but not in this case!  As you know, I love unique lamps (as seen here and here), but I’m also a voracious reader, and unfortunately most of the lamps I like don’t provide ample light to read at night, especially with my bedroom walls being so dark.  I like the sleek & slim profile of the ones she selected, and the fact that they don’t compete with the scale of the mirror/lamp combination makes this trio a winning combination. In fact, your eye really almost passes over them!

For those of you who enjoy reading in bed like I do, here are some great suggestions for wall mounted bedside lighting from CSN Lighting:

Hudson Valley Lighting, Newport 7.5″ Swing Arm Wall Lamp, $279

George Kovacs, Madake Swing Arm Wall Lamp, $110

Hudson Valley Lighting, Monroe 7″ Swing Arm Wall Lamp, $339

George Kovacs, P3 Wall Mount Pin Up Lamp, $120
What do you use to read in bed at night??

10 Comments on Tides Hotel, Miami

1. LifeIsPichey
    July 1, 2010 at 11:25 am (7 years ago)

I had a little lamp that would attach to my book but we did not get along! Lol! Now I have a lamp on my stand.

2. Kelle Dame
    July 1, 2010 at 12:43 pm (7 years ago)

I love these as options. They are so simple and elegant and they allow the other lamps to stand out. Genius! Thanks for sharing!

3. Averill
    July 1, 2010 at 12:43 pm (7 years ago)

I’ve got table lamps but I love the idea of wall sconces + table lamps. Those reading lights are a lot more focused — perfect for when Dave or I stay up later than the other reading!

4. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    July 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm (7 years ago)

I would never have thought to do that, but I always have to pull my lamp closer to my bed when I want to read at night.

5. thelennoxx
    July 1, 2010 at 5:55 pm (7 years ago)

Gorgeous! This bedroom is one of my all time favorite rooms!

6. AB HOME Interiors
    July 1, 2010 at 6:00 pm (7 years ago)

That is pretty neat. I think i’ve seen that at a couple hotels before!

7. AB HOME Interiors
    July 1, 2010 at 6:02 pm (7 years ago)

I’m not sure if my comment worked so i’m just gonna post twice! This is a good idea. Design and function, what I live for!

July 1, 2010 at 6:51 pm (7 years ago)

I usally dont read in bed – I read on the train and on the sofa. i like the look of the swing arm styles you’ve shown alot!