Which Is Best?

Do you use any of these??

What are your opinions about each?  I love the smell of clean clothes and doing laundry (I feel like it’s such a luxury to have a washer & dryer in my home!), but have been wanting to switch from using Tide to a more eco-friendly brand.  I used Method many moons ago, but I never got the full usage out of the bottle because I really couldn’t believe that that tiny little cap full could get a whole load of clothes clean, not to mention that I wasn’t head over heels about the smell.  It lasted me about 20 loads. If any of you use (or have used) any of these products, I’d love to hear your opinion about the one you’d recommend.  And if you use something else, tell me about that too!  First and foremost, I want the clothes to be clean, but the scent is equally important. Let me know what you think!

12 Comments on Which Is Best?

1. Tonia @Chic Modern Vintage
    June 24, 2010 at 7:35 am (7 years ago)

I’m that “diehard” Tide user. I too used Method a while back, but soon went back to Tide. I’m not sure why, just did.

2. AB HOME Interiors
    June 24, 2010 at 9:19 am (7 years ago)

the green works is good, but caldrea will give you the desired aroma you are looking for. I hear over and over that a full cap load is not necessary. Most manufacturers recommend it, probably so you use more product, and need to purchase more often. Half a cap full with warm water is said to be more than sufficient to wash clothes clean.

3. Dayka (Life +Style)
    June 24, 2010 at 9:36 am (7 years ago)

@amanda–thanks for the tip. considering that i’ve used 2 caps semi-regularly, it looks like i’ll be cutting back soon. also, i’ll give the caldrea a try ]. 🙂

4. Terry
    June 24, 2010 at 9:36 am (7 years ago)

I’m curious about experiences with these. We’re Tide Free users here. One day we both realized that scented detergents make us sneeze. Even the next door neighbor’s dryer exhaust made us woozy.

5. Dayka (Life +Style)
    June 24, 2010 at 9:38 am (7 years ago)

@terry-definitely come back and check out the comments. hopefully enough people will have tried these products to lend you an informed opinion!

6. K
    June 24, 2010 at 10:01 am (7 years ago)

My personal fave is 7th Generation. HTH! 😀

7. Katie@Yoga Gal
    June 24, 2010 at 10:01 am (7 years ago)

My personal fave is 7th Generation. But I have never noticed much of a smell- HTH! 😀

8. Jennae @ Green Your Decor
    June 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm (7 years ago)

Of the ones you listed, I prefer Seventh Generation lavender, but I also like GreenWorks. I’ll definitely have to try Caldrea, but for my everyday (read: cheap) eco-friendly-ish detergent, I buy Purex Naturals.

June 24, 2010 at 3:38 pm (7 years ago)

I’ve been using green works. I works good, I’m bad too and about using too much soap in the cap.

When I my dogs lanudry I add some amr & hammer to every load.

10. L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys
    June 25, 2010 at 2:14 pm (7 years ago)

I haven’t used any of these, but will consider them now.

I tried Tide a few weeks ago (because of some coupons) and TJ broke out so bad. OMG, it was like a freak show at my house. And of course it took me about 3 days to figure out why he was swelling. His doctor said some new ingredients that are used in the newer Tides have been doing this to a lot of people. My poor baby was using the wall to scratch himself:-(

Sorry if this was TMI!

11. house things
    June 30, 2010 at 7:21 am (7 years ago)

I’ve been using the Method detergent. Happy so far.