TGIF.

Real Simple

Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good.
Malcolm Gladwell, The Outliers

12 Comments on TGIF.

1. charm home
    June 18, 2010 at 6:09 am (7 years ago)

I love this room. My favorite elements are the chevron patterned rug and pillows and the charcoal painted french doors. they make the room really pop. That turquoise tufted ottoman is pretty amazing too. Perfect thing to wake up to on a Friday morning. And yes, TGIF!!! -c

2. L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys
    June 18, 2010 at 7:20 am (7 years ago)

So true! And I bet whoever designed this room didn’t need practice! This room made my eyes open so wide… Girl I love that pop of turquoise! Happy Friday to you too:-)

3. Design Esquire
    June 18, 2010 at 8:15 am (7 years ago)

Great quote. (And I love that ottoman!!)

4. Emily A. Clark
    June 18, 2010 at 8:52 am (7 years ago)

I hope the chevron print stays around for a long time. . . I love this room!

5. Full House
    June 18, 2010 at 9:59 am (7 years ago)

I have never seen this room before, That ottoman set up is something else.

I loved the quote. Such a good reminder to not give up on something even if I am not good @ it right away.

Have a fabulous weekend!

xx – Christina

6. Sharstin
    June 18, 2010 at 11:39 am (7 years ago)

isn’t that the truth! i love that room~ I need that chevron rug asap!

7. autumn
    June 18, 2010 at 11:43 am (7 years ago)

love that rug!
    ooo…anf the interior doors are painted black–love that.
    what a happy room!
    these are the colors i have used for my oldest daughters room.

8. BellaLovesPink
    June 18, 2010 at 2:00 pm (7 years ago)

I saw this in the RS mag and about died! Love EVERYTHING about it! The colors and especially that ottoman!

9. Dayka (Life +Style)
    June 18, 2010 at 6:42 pm (7 years ago)

I loved this room because it shows the power of a pop of color in a neutral environment. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

10. Anna Renee
    June 20, 2010 at 10:30 pm (7 years ago)

Ooooh that blue couchy/table-y thing is pretty!
    Dayka–your blog is blowing up! Congratulations!! I was thinking, let me go over there, I bet she got 200 followers by now! I was close! I remember back in the day, when you had about 16 and I was number 16!
    You’ve come a long way and you deserve it! Looking really good!

11. Dayka (Life +Style)
    June 20, 2010 at 11:07 pm (7 years ago)

@ anna–i DO remember! thank you for your comment and support! i wanted to wait to make sure i was committed before i spent the money on a redesign, and i’m so glad i did. i really love this blog and all of the people i’ve been able to meet as a result of it. thank you for coming back to check on me! 🙂