Up To My Eyeballs . . .

I’m up to  my eyeballs in projects around here, yet I’m taking on another monumental one–I’m headed back to school for Interior Design!  It’s something I’ve been thinking about for awhile, and I recently found a program that’s a perfect fit for my needs and desires.  I’d like to think it was meant to be, because I found the program on the last day to apply at about 11 pm and barely submitted my application in time.  I’m excited to be back in school because while I’ve completed my BA, it was in a subject I was interested in, but not passionate about.  I’m eager to get back in the classroom and share what I’m learning.  I hope you’ll continue to follow along–great things are coming, plus I have a fabulous giveaway planned when I reach my 100th follower milestone!
And as for the list of projects I ned to tackle around my house?? Here’s a peak at some of the things that are on my list . . .

Finish these pieces that I now REALLY need for my office. Don’t be afraid, they’ll both be fabulous!

Repaint this headboard, and start tackling these BNE’s (best nightstands ever) for my in-progress bedroom makeover.

List the many fabulous items I’ve been finding for sale on Vintage Styled Home, my Etsy shop.

Decide if this is going in my bedroom, or going on the market. Either way, I need to get going and get it finished!

This reading qualifies as a project because I can’t put these magazines up (and get organized!) until I’ve read them.  Yes, some of them are old, but most of the old ones have come from thrift stores and have fabulous features that I’d like to revisit.  I have a huge stack and now it’s starting to feel like a chore, so I need to get it done.

Am I the only one with a never ending list of projects???

36 Comments on Up To My Eyeballs . . .

1. Jesse
    March 28, 2010 at 11:45 pm (8 years ago)

Congrats that is very exciting! I am still dying over those tables! =)

2. autumn
    March 29, 2010 at 12:33 am (8 years ago)

i am so loving your white headboard and desk, and can’t wait for the reveal of the night stands. they are such a great and classic shape, i think they will look awesome withe that headboard!

3. Champagne Taste
    March 29, 2010 at 1:00 am (8 years ago)

Nope not at all.. I’m still tackling my living room, attempted to clean my bedroom this weekend and realized its a mess because I have several things to finish up in there and I need to hop on m sons room.. he needs a dresser baaaaddd not to mention personality. not that he cares but mommy sure does!

4. Tamstyles
    March 29, 2010 at 2:03 am (8 years ago)

congrats…I am so happy for you. I tried to enroll about 3 weeks ago and was told the damn program was canceled because they could not find jobs for the students after they graduated. he asked me what else did i wanted to design? I said…I just want to do interior design…that was the end of the convo…so wish me luck on my search here is d-town for the right school.

5. Design Esquire
    March 29, 2010 at 8:39 am (8 years ago)

Congrats! That is so exciting!

I can’t wait to see how you’ll transform all those items.

6. Flavia @ Estilo Home
    March 29, 2010 at 9:13 am (8 years ago)

Good luck on your first day of school! So exciting!
    And no, you are not alone in the long list of projects…my list is never-ending as well.

7. Yoga Gal
    March 29, 2010 at 9:41 am (8 years ago)

Congrats! Interior design sounds like a perfect fit for you, Dayka! πŸ˜€

8. Jessica Roy
    March 29, 2010 at 9:55 am (8 years ago)

I’ve got a GARAGE full of projects, but I love it. πŸ™‚ Congrats on the design school! I myself have been contemplating it, but am still doing some research to find the right program… Good luck!

9. Claire Watkins, ASID allied
    March 29, 2010 at 9:55 am (8 years ago)

Good for you for following your passion, you obviously are very creative and have a dynamite eye! I’m curious to know where you are headed! Kudos on scoring a spot at the last minute, sometimes life just hands you little opportunities! And the blog looks fabulous in her makeover! I need to invest in a makeover for mine (programming scares me like a rotary saw or law and order going off the air)…did you do it or did you let rainy day do it? So many questions today!

10. Irene
    March 29, 2010 at 10:24 am (8 years ago)

I have project after project to do, but many of them can’t be done until I have a major yard sale.

I am excited for you. That seems really fun. Interior design is a great way to unleash that creativity.

11. CASA BRASI
    March 29, 2010 at 10:40 am (8 years ago)

Congratulations! I just started interior design school in January. Love it! You’ll do great!

Can’t wait to see how the upcoming projects turn out!

March 29, 2010 at 11:48 am (8 years ago)

Congrats on ging after interior design!! I too love anything with desing from clothes, to house and art etc…

You have some great porjects lined up, I can’t wait to see how they all turn out.

I need to stop adding to me to do list, but its so much fun to create! I SO understand what your talking about

13. alissa
    March 29, 2010 at 12:25 pm (8 years ago)

Congrats Dayka on going back to school!!! How exciting for you! Where are you going?

14. theLENNOXX
    March 29, 2010 at 2:05 pm (8 years ago)

Congratulations on getting back to school! *Envy*

BTW there is an award for you on my blog =)

15. Sharstin
    March 29, 2010 at 4:07 pm (8 years ago)

that is so fun that you are going to interior design school! that is a perfect fit for you! have fun with all your projects! so much great stuff~

16. Dreams of Perfection
    March 29, 2010 at 4:29 pm (8 years ago)

I still can’t wait to see your room when you finish! I’m excited about it like it’s my room! You are such a go-getter. I don’t think there is anything you need to learn from the classes. Your style is def. on point.
    And you got an award from The Lennoxx!

17. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    March 29, 2010 at 7:39 pm (8 years ago)

That is exciting news! I have no doubt that you will have a fabulous career. You are fortunate to live in an area of the country where your talents can be fully utilized too.

And yes, I have a million projects I want to complete. Good thing the weather is warming up and my garage can become painting central.

18. Emily A. Clark
    March 29, 2010 at 7:42 pm (8 years ago)

You are one busy girl! Congrats on your decision to go back to school.

And, I completely relate to the stacks of magazines that feel like they are hanging over your head. . . Someday!

19. Deliciously Organized
    March 29, 2010 at 8:23 pm (8 years ago)

I’m right there with you. A ton of projects going on. How exciting about your new design school adventure! you must keep us updated!

20. Elisa @ whatthevita
    March 29, 2010 at 9:41 pm (8 years ago)

Congrats! Can’t wait to hear all about your adventures in design school. Sounds like a lot of fun!

And I do have a long list too, don’t we all? I think its my fault – I keep on jumping from room to room…

21. JIN
    March 29, 2010 at 10:59 pm (8 years ago)

CONGRATS DAYKA – THAT’S AMAZING. I’M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS TAKES COURAGE AND I KNOW YOU’RE GOING TO DO GREAT πŸ™‚

22. L. Duncan
    March 29, 2010 at 11:59 pm (8 years ago)

I completely missed this post:( I am so happy and excited for you and your descision to go back to school! I can’t wait to hear about all the things your learning. Hopefully, I’ll be joining you soon!

And about your projects, someone once said that “everything you touch turns to gold” and that’s the only thing I agree with them on! I know that when you do get around to finishing them, they’ll look great! Hey, if you sale that armoire, can I buy it?!!!

23. AB HOME Interiors
    March 30, 2010 at 12:34 am (8 years ago)

Congrats! Im so excited for you! Now get to work on that armoire!! I want it to be blue or bright green, and I will be down in July to pick it up! LOL!!

24. shari @ little blue deer
    March 30, 2010 at 10:15 am (8 years ago)

No, you definitely aren’t the only one, but your projects look FUN, all of mine look boring by comparison!

25. Haven and Home
    March 30, 2010 at 11:44 am (8 years ago)

Projects never end!!!! Your website looks great!

26. Full House
    March 30, 2010 at 1:36 pm (8 years ago)

It’s good to be busy. Just don’t do as I do and start projects and then don’t finish them:-)

Have a great day!

27. paula
    March 30, 2010 at 2:26 pm (8 years ago)

congrats on going back to school, so exciting! I am so ready to be done with projects for a bit, at least with this house anyway. ready to move again:)

28. charmaine
    March 31, 2010 at 10:22 am (8 years ago)

Congrats on going back to school! So jealous! Every time I start a project I always ask myself why?! But then I tell myself because I love doing it and the end result is well worth it! But yes, it is never ending!

I am your 99th follower!

29. Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue
    March 31, 2010 at 10:22 am (8 years ago)

Good for you going back to school for your passion!
    You have a beautiful blog, glad I found you!

Londen

30. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    April 1, 2010 at 8:35 am (8 years ago)

No, you’re not the only one with never ending projects and I’m excited to see what you’re going to do with all that fabulous stuff! When does school start? I want all the details on how you’re liking it!

31. Adrienne S.
    April 1, 2010 at 6:31 pm (8 years ago)

I love that armoire. I could work wonders with that piece.

32. Q.
    April 3, 2010 at 11:04 am (8 years ago)

yaaay for design school! i am so excited for you. πŸ™‚

33. Redesign Diva
    April 30, 2010 at 10:21 am (8 years ago)

Good lord woman are we twins? OMG tons of projects, just take a deep breath….and do it! I’m pulling for ya!

Congrats on the ID course (two thumbs way up)