Sarah’s House 3 is Coming!!!

Yup, you heard it right.

Sarah Richardson is coming back with a new season of Sarah’s House, which debuted in Canada on March 9th.  SH3 is expected to hit American airwaves on April 3rd, and I can hardly contain my excitement!   As you know, I love Sara and have enjoyed watching season 2 on HGTV.  Next to Grey’s Anatomy and The Good Wife (and Law & Order), it’s the highlight of my week.  I love the style of the home she purchased for season 2, and as usual, she and Tommy Smythe have done an outstanding job with the interiors.

She’s moving out to the country and taking on an old farmhouse for Season 3, so it should be an interesting departure from her other work.   Here’s a sneak peak . .

Cute new haircut . . .

With the before looking like this, you can expect that she’ll be doing really big things this season.

As of January 2010, she has also started filming on a new show tentatively called, “Sarah 101”, and filming is expected to run through August with a Canadian air date of January 2011.  In addition to all of this, she’s also supposed to be writing a book due out by Christmas!!!  With all of this going on, I can’t imagine how she finds time for herself, but I have to say that I’m super excited she has so many projects in the works.

**Don’t forget that I’m still looking to see the unfinished pieces that you’ve picked up at the thrift store, on the curb, at a yard sale or on Craigslist!  Email me with a photo of that great item you found that someone else threw or gave away and I”ll feature you’re fabulous find here!  Don’t worry about it being finished–I’m looking for pieces that can serve as inspiration!**

25 Comments on Sarah’s House 3 is Coming!!!

1. Erika @ BluLabel Bungalow
    March 15, 2010 at 9:21 am (7 years ago)

YESSS! Sarah Richardson is the best thing on US (Home Decor) TV! Best believe I will preorder that book, too!!

2. Design Esquire
    March 15, 2010 at 10:13 am (7 years ago)

Thanks for the heads up! I love her.

3. Mr. Goodwill Hunting
    March 15, 2010 at 10:25 am (7 years ago)

Who is this designer? She has a very clean style. She reminds me a little of Tobi Fairley. I need to get a TV. I have cabled installed…but no TV…ashame. I know.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

4. Michelle (Three Men and a Lady)
    March 15, 2010 at 11:36 am (7 years ago)

Sara is one of my favorites! I love to watch her design process in action. Great to know…my TIVO is ready.

5. Terry
    March 15, 2010 at 1:52 pm (7 years ago)

I caught a glimpse of the one episode. I liked Design Inc because it revealed a bit of a designers life. I remember one that involved working a very long way from bathrooms.

6. Jesse
    March 15, 2010 at 11:32 pm (7 years ago)

YAY! I love Sarah and am totally addicted to the episodes that have been airing lately.

7. Destination Seaborn
    March 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm (7 years ago)

YAY! I’m also a big fan of Sarah Richardson. What channel will be showing SH3? I’ll have to set my DVR:) Lisa

8. Dayka (Life +Style)
    March 16, 2010 at 12:26 am (7 years ago)

Mr. GW–you have to check her out–she has a wonderful style (and a great personality!).
    Jesse-me too! i have been saving all of the episodes to watch again!
    Lisa-it should be hgtv. definitely set your dvr. 🙂

9. Michelle
    March 16, 2010 at 12:38 am (7 years ago)

Dayka, I love love Sarah’s house. I know some people think that her budgets are crazy but I think they’re very realistic. There are so many design shows that have beautiful reveals but the truth is those beautiful rooms cost thousands of dollars or have experienced labor folks doing all the work for free. At least in Sarah’s house we can go shopping with her to see where we can save and still have great rooms. Her show is a keeper on my DVR.

10. Sharstin
    March 16, 2010 at 12:57 am (7 years ago)

Yay!! she is so super fab~ can’t wait!!

11. paula
    March 16, 2010 at 8:35 am (7 years ago)

I can’t wait to see what see does.

12. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    March 16, 2010 at 11:36 am (7 years ago)

I’ve never seen this show, but the images are gorg! I’ll keep my eyes open for this one.

March 16, 2010 at 11:48 am (7 years ago)

I love watching Sarah’s house she’s barely on HGTV in my area 🙁 They’ve only been showing re-runs of Holmes on Homes…boring. I’m really looking forward to the new season. Her and Tommy work so well together and have so many great ideas

14. autumn
    March 16, 2010 at 12:00 pm (7 years ago)

thanks for the great news!
    i adore her show…and think she and tommy are so funny together!
    i am SO going to tivo every episode!

15. Dreams of Perfection
    March 16, 2010 at 1:59 pm (7 years ago)

Omg, she has impecable style! Hgtv has been lacking, they definitely need her boost!

16. Jack and Annie
    March 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm (7 years ago)

This comment has been removed by the author.

17. Full House
    March 17, 2010 at 12:05 am (7 years ago)

This is making me very bitter that I do not have HGTV right now. I do love her work though.

18. Miss Mustard Seed
    March 17, 2010 at 7:46 am (7 years ago)

I love Sarah Richardson. She always creates such a rich look and she share a lot of great information along the way.

19. Michelle
    March 18, 2010 at 12:38 am (7 years ago)

For everyone without HGTV, you also watch the previous episodes online at HGTV.com

20. Decor I Adore
    March 19, 2010 at 8:58 am (7 years ago)

Oh my gosh I didn’t know! My husband and I LOVE this show! Will keep my eyes open to start DVRing it!

21. psilovethis
    March 20, 2010 at 4:29 am (7 years ago)

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve discovered a new fabulous designer! I love that she also includes how to repurpose a room’s shape and/or dimensions for total optimization. Her bathrooms are SO AWESOME!!

22. CASA BRASI
    March 24, 2010 at 4:29 pm (7 years ago)

Thanks for the 411! So good to know that I’m not the only one obsessed with Sarah Richardson. I have been watching her for a long, long time.

First time I’ve stopped by your blog. Love what you have going on over here!!

23. cmg
    April 14, 2010 at 8:01 pm (7 years ago)

I too a a fan of Sarah and Tommy. I could LIVE in the season 2 house!