One of Atlanta’s Best . . .

One of my favorite new things to do with my sister is to show her around some of my favorite spots in Atlanta.  After being in the house for days, I took her to Armour & Co in the Morningside/Virginia Highlands area of Atlanta.  I LOVE this store, and for her first trip it DID NOT disappoint!  Everything at Armour & Co is so beautiful and I’d also say it’s reasonably priced, especially when compared with other popular Atlanta interior boutiques.  There were so many beautiful things to see & so much inspiration throughout.  Here are a few of my favorite things. (**queuing Maria Von Trapp . . .)

I love everything about this–these pillows are perfect!

Peep the console/desk in the back!
These chairs are ri-dic-u-lous.  The nailhead, the black trim, and the burlap?  OMG, love at first sight, I can’t even say enough about them.  The tables and lamp are to die for as well.
You know I’m a sucker for lamps and the perfect shade . . .
This couch is super comfortable and of course, beautiful.
Unique!

If you’re ever in the Atlanta area, you must visit the Morningside/Virginia Highlands area and drop into Armour & Co.  While you’re there, make sure you indulge in some Cookies & Cream yogurt from Yoforia and a body treatment from Natural Body, too!

31 Comments on One of Atlanta’s Best . . .

1. Kim
    February 16, 2010 at 10:28 am (8 years ago)

Wow! That does look like an amazing place. I can’t imagine it not being pricey though – everything looks so expensive! I would love to be able to splurge on something though.
    xoxo,
    Kim

2. Full House
    February 16, 2010 at 10:28 am (8 years ago)

I’m pretty sure Atlanta has some great shopping. That store looks right up my alley..lots of eye candy.

3. Irene
    February 16, 2010 at 10:33 am (8 years ago)

What a great store. I love the black table lamps in the 1st photo.

4. paula
    February 16, 2010 at 10:41 am (8 years ago)

wish I stopped in while I was there. we ate at figo.

5. AB HOME Interiors
    February 16, 2010 at 11:13 am (8 years ago)

What a gorgeous store! I will have to visit when Im in Atlanta again. Where is Virginia Highlands?

February 16, 2010 at 12:50 pm (8 years ago)

Love that store! WOW, so many great ideas

7. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    February 16, 2010 at 1:43 pm (8 years ago)

I love that you take us shopping with you! I want to do the same thing while I’m out but I feel stupid snapping my camera. Perhaps I need to get over it! Love that wicker looking pendant shade!

8. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    February 16, 2010 at 1:50 pm (8 years ago)

Originally I was looking at this from my cell phone. I didn’t get to see all of the pictures, but now that I can…..Why in the bleep bleep bleep you didn’t take me with you guys?!!! This place is amazing! I guess I’ll have to go without you tomorrow in my Aspen!

9. Dayka (Life +Style)
    February 16, 2010 at 2:21 pm (8 years ago)

Virginia Highlands is the neighborhood that surrounds the intersection of Virginia & North Highland. It is an area of beautiful homes, great schools, and wonderful shops. If you’re only generally familiar with Atlanta, it’s close to Piedmont park.

Beth, you can find a similar shade at Ikea, and it’s the same size! Of course, the price can’t be beat, either . . .

10. AB HOME Interiors
    February 16, 2010 at 2:45 pm (8 years ago)

Thanks for giving me the info! mucho appreciation. When I go back to Atlanta we will have to thrift together! Too much fun!

11. Adrianna
    February 16, 2010 at 3:55 pm (8 years ago)

I love that first image!! All of the accessories in every pic, wow wow wow! I WISH we had a boutique like that. And in the last pic I spy some white boxes with black trim, luv. So much that I am doing some like those :o) Lucky you, getting to shop some awesome stores!

12. karen@fitnessjourney
    February 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm (8 years ago)

I am completely drooling over this store! My sister lives about an hour from Atlanta, the next time I visit I’ll have to suggest (translation: insist) that we visit.

13. Symone's Mommy
    February 16, 2010 at 4:38 pm (8 years ago)

WOW! Talk about inspiration! That place is dope.

14. alissa
    February 16, 2010 at 8:31 pm (8 years ago)

oh my – what great stuff! I wish I lived closer so I could go shopping with you!!! Seriously, I think I like every single thing, in every single picture!

15. Claire Watkins, ASID allied
    February 17, 2010 at 4:39 pm (8 years ago)

Have not been in that store in forever and now I must go ASAP. Those burlap wing chairs trimmed in black lacquer are enough to give me a coronary! Off to read some of your other posts!

16. Sharstin
    February 18, 2010 at 12:45 am (8 years ago)

You have all the great stores in Atlanta! This store is amazing! filled with so many beautiful pieces! those nail head chairs are over the top~ lve!

17. ashlina
    February 18, 2010 at 2:51 pm (8 years ago)

gorgeous photos!!!!!! wow!

just came across your blog…loving the photos..so exciting. off to check out more of your posts..

xo
    ashlina
    secretsofdomesticbliss.blogspot.com

18. thelennoxx
    February 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm (8 years ago)

ahh, the beauty! Thanks so much for sharing these pics, I love every single item!!

19. carlee
    February 19, 2010 at 10:02 am (8 years ago)

I have yet to make it to Atlanta, but if I do…I’m hitting this place up!

20. Michelle
    February 19, 2010 at 10:06 pm (8 years ago)

Dayka, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I love your blog and I’m definitely going to pay this store a visit. I’m still a little new to Atlanta and love finding new haunts, I mean home decor stores.

21. alissa
    February 20, 2010 at 6:54 pm (8 years ago)

Dayka – thanks so much for adding me to your blogroll. You made my day!
    Alissa

22. Deanna Jackson
    February 21, 2010 at 5:00 pm (8 years ago)

Wow, Dayka! You have exquisite taste in home furnishings! Every picture displays beautiful ideas for any home!

23. charm home
    February 21, 2010 at 7:23 pm (8 years ago)

How have I never been in this store. LOVE IT!!! I’m making a trip the next chance I get. Hope you had a great weekend. xo, Cristi

24. pk @ Room Remix
    February 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm (8 years ago)

Wow! That looks like an awesome store! A little far for me to pop over and visit though. 🙂 Thanks for sharing it with me though so I at least got to enjoy the images. Thank you for your nice comment today, too!

25. Q.
    February 22, 2010 at 10:40 am (8 years ago)

That store looks awesome! I will surely have to make time to visit the next time I’m there. Oh, and Natural Body is the bomb! I went to the Brookhaven location for spa treatment. It was such a pleasing experience. That location is the first spa in the U.S. to achieve Platinum LEED certification! :+)

26. swtpee1010
    February 23, 2010 at 11:09 am (8 years ago)

Ok, is it too late to change my mind about what I want for my birthday?!