Kelly Wearstler

Saw these photos of Kelly Wearstler’s Beverly Hills home while perusing the website of my favorite new magazine, Canadian House and Home.  My first thought?  Hmm, interesting choices . . .

In being honest, I’ll admit that I don’t really love it.  It’s definitely interesting and bold, but just not my style.  What do you think–do you love it???

12 Comments on Kelly Wearstler

1. Michelle (Three Men and a Lady)
    February 10, 2010 at 9:41 am (8 years ago)

Sometimes Kelly gets it right. Most of the time I don’t jive with her style. I don’t dig this at all. Sorry Kelly.

2. Deena
    February 10, 2010 at 12:09 pm (8 years ago)

Oh my, that is…just plain ugly.

February 10, 2010 at 12:41 pm (8 years ago)

I like a couple of items here and there – some just are not cute!

I do like her fabric…though lol

BTW: I gave you a Happy 101 Award – check out my blog

4. Adrianna
    February 10, 2010 at 5:19 pm (8 years ago)

She does have some really fantastic pieces of furniture. The green chairs and those slick n shiny chests. Makes me want to wipe my black buffet down like 30 more times! I also love that there is a window over her sink in the mirror. Thats bonkers. There’s some good stuff there. But all together…whoa.

5. Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog
    February 11, 2010 at 12:07 am (8 years ago)

KW has an intesting style… but it’s not my cup of tea! She’s definitely creative though ;).

6. Flory
    February 11, 2010 at 8:51 am (8 years ago)

it’s just too busy… I’m a minimalist and it’s definitely not my style…I’ve noticed that some of the items are also great…well, actually all items… there’s nothing wrong with the design actually…it’s just a matter of taste!

follow me: Living Creatively with Flory

7. Brooke
    February 11, 2010 at 10:58 am (8 years ago)

I only liked a few pics. BUT this style is a it much for me! A bit much.

8. Kindle Marie
    February 18, 2010 at 12:03 pm (8 years ago)

Nope not loving it especially the colored walls…wth?

But there has been a big push lately for decorating with things you love. I mean it is mainstream, just not highly advertised. The point is to decorate your home with things you love, because it is what makes you happy. Now that i see what it looks like in pictures i am definitely not showing my house…or at least the parts looking like this. She overdoood(not over did) it…lol

9. Holly
    February 24, 2010 at 2:09 am (8 years ago)

Her style and my style…not happening most of the time…just a little too wacky for me. I love some of the pieces and ideas. I am actually not surprised her house looks like this.

10. Jennae @ Green Your Decor
    April 9, 2010 at 12:26 pm (8 years ago)

I love her fabrics, but most of the rooms just don’t do it for me. I do love that she has bold, wild taste and isn’t afraid to do something that SHE loves, even if everyone else hates it.

That said, most of the rooms feel terribly gaudy and overdone to me, although I do sort of dig the yellow room (although the paint treatment makes me want to scream). The orange room is pretty nice too, mostly because it takes one bold color and repeats it instead of trying to go too far.