Great Stuff @ IKEA

First of all, a great big thanks to all of you who left me birthday wishes and those of you who sent me positive vibes.  I had a wonderful birthday, and my day was relaxing and wonderful.  I ended my night here.

I love this place.  It’s not a culinary delight, and there’s not exotic, but I still love it.  It’s the place I always go when one of my best friend’s comes in from California, and we peruse the menu and plan our selection in advance.  Since I’m a chocolate lover, I have to admit that the specialty chocolate fondue is my favorite part.  Strawberries, bananas, brownies, rice krispy treats, and pound cake???  Yes, please!!!  I called myself taking a photo when everything was at the table, but I got too excited and forgot, so all you get is this.

If you’re wondering if it was good, it was.  Trust me.  A happy birthday indeed!  On to other stuff . . .

Here’s a photo filled look at some of the great new things I spotted in Ikea the other day.  It’s been forever since I’ve been there, but it didn’t disappoint!

LOVE THIS.  Perfect colors, and only $199.  It’s huge, too.

Love this one, too. Modern, with the perfect arial view.  This would look especially great in a loft space.

Super comfortable & sturdy.  Would look amazing in a glossy black with a custom cushion.  It rocks (literally).

This comes in yellow and black, but the yellow is currently on sale.  It’s not new, but it’s still a love.  Great the legs, great color.

Cute small desk, just waiting for the right color!

I have loved this cabinet forever–great hardware, and the trim on top makes it look very “un-Ikea”.  Wish I had somewhere to put it.

Set of woven baskets that are perfect for an office, bedroom, living room, or bathroom.

I’ve seen some great variations of this mirror, and I’m itching to get my hands on one to try an idea out.  Again, this isn’t new, but it’s still got staying power.

Love these for a bathroom, entry, dining room, or office (also great in another color).

Sexy.

Love this print.

Found any new Ikea loves lately????

15 Comments on Great Stuff @ IKEA

1. Katie@Yoga Gal
    February 26, 2010 at 9:26 am (7 years ago)

I wish! We don’t have one, although I really wish that we did. I have to get my Ikea from EBay.

I was thinking about taking my mom to teh Melting Pot for Mother’s Day, yum. 🙂

2. karen@fitnessjourney
    February 26, 2010 at 11:29 am (7 years ago)

Happy belated birthday. How did I miss that?

I am really surprised by the things you found at Ikea. We don’t have a store nearby, but I go to their site from time to time and it seemed to me that a lot of their pieces were more clean lined. I loved the yellow piece especially.

3. Sharstin
    February 26, 2010 at 11:47 am (7 years ago)

I love Ikea! It has so much fabulous stuff at out of this world prices! i have the round mirror in my bathrooms, and that abc print in caleb’s room. I have been eyeing that map canvas–it is so fabulous! have a great weekend chick~!

February 26, 2010 at 12:46 pm (7 years ago)

1st – Happy Birthday!! The Melting Pot looks yum, i’ve always wanted to go there.

That little ikea desk is so chamring, I havn’t seen it – perfect for a small space

5. Irene
    February 26, 2010 at 12:59 pm (7 years ago)

First off – there is a Melting pot near us but I have never been. It looks like just a fun place to have a meal with a group of friends and chat.

Secondly, I love IKEA. That yellow dress is lovely. Of course, I would paint it white, or green or blue and put some cute knobs on it.

I think IKEA has the best variety of bookcases – from modern to traditional, you can find the perfect one there.

6. Adrianna
    February 26, 2010 at 1:41 pm (7 years ago)

This living in the country has been a thorn in my side. I wish..WISH..we had an ikea. Somewhere near at least. I don’t even think they have one in TN. And so glad you wrote about the Melting Pot, I had been wondering about that place.

7. paula
    February 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm (7 years ago)

last trip i made I did it quick since hubby was with me. Essentials only. I absolutely adored the wicker chair to the left of the one you shot.

8. thelennoxx
    February 27, 2010 at 1:11 pm (7 years ago)

Cute finds! Now my Ikea itch is even stronger, I have to go this week!

9. pk @ Room Remix
    February 27, 2010 at 6:29 pm (7 years ago)

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a good day. That yellow piece is FAB-U-LOUS!

10. Destination Seaborn
    February 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm (7 years ago)

That’s me, always late to the party. Happy {Belated} Birthday! Sounds like it was a good one!
    I really need to get to Ikea, it looks like they have some great new products! Thanks for the pictures!
    Have a good week! Lisa

11. autumn
    February 28, 2010 at 9:52 pm (7 years ago)

glad to hear you had a fabulous birthday!
    and i love your ikea finds…
    i was actually strolling around ikea on saturday as well, although it was not a leisurely stroll. more like a mad dash! one thing i spotted that i loved was some green and white striped fabric..they had a 2″ stripe and a smaller stripe. i thought they were so cute and refreshing!

12. TheCluelessCrafter
    March 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm (7 years ago)

Saw you over at Covet Chicago and had to share a book with you on thrifting to decorate. I too am trying to be economical about decorating our nyc home, so I picked up “The Find” by Stan Williams. It teaches how to develop the eye for finds that may seem beat up, but have endless potential.

Hope the book captures your fancy?! Oh, and nice to meet you;-)

13. this blessed nest
    March 1, 2010 at 10:43 pm (7 years ago)

one day i am going to go to ikea just for the heck of it. i’ve been craving it.
    happy belated birthday. i hope it was fun. AND YES, facebook is the best invention of the decade. the other day i was reconnected with someone who used to babysit me & changed MY diapers. how bout that???lol.

i am only a 2 hr drive away from ikea in atl. but not sure how the kiddos would do with the drive down & then shopping all day. perhaps, i could pack a ton of snacks & bribe them with sweet treats. ??.

14. Emily A. Clark
    March 2, 2010 at 7:58 am (7 years ago)

How did I miss those black lamps? Really like those!

Happy belated birthday! You have the same b-day as my baby girl.

15. Tamstyles
    March 4, 2010 at 4:12 am (7 years ago)

love ikea…i took hubby the other day and still have stuff in the front of the house in the boxes…front of the house is a MESS>