Gold Lamps!

I found these the other day.  For $5.

They were supposed to be for the Etsy store (like most things), but I decided this weekend that they’ll be staying with me.  They’re tall and fabulous and I love them.  They’ll be going in my bedroom.  In gold.  I’m excited.

I’ve also finished a few projects but have been slow to post anything  because I’m trying to be more thoughtful about how I photograph my finished work.  In the meantime, I’ll tell you that I’ve transformed this,

into this

and I’m quite happy with the way it turned out.  As soon as I can figure out what to do with my monstrosity of a boxspring, I can finally get a new one and get my bed moved around.  It’s like, 400 pounds (seriously) and I cry every time I think about having to move it down the stairs again.  It does, however, levitate, wave, and vibrate, and if someone could fix the short, it’d be a great boxspring for someone who needs something like it.  Hopefully I can find someone around here who’s willing to take it and also bring plenty of help to get it moved  from my room.  Wishful thinking??

14 Comments on Gold Lamps!

1. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    February 8, 2010 at 11:10 am (8 years ago)

I did’nt know that you were using these in the bedroom! Oh they are going to be great! Soooo…..Can I have the white ones?! Well, I mean purchase the white lamps!

February 8, 2010 at 12:36 pm (8 years ago)

looks pretty – great steal on the those lamps!

3. alissa
    February 8, 2010 at 1:55 pm (8 years ago)

Your headboard looks great – it’s amazing how different it looks now that it’s painted!

4. Lindsey @ Better After
    February 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm (8 years ago)

Hi Dayka! I’m am featuring you on my blog today! The post is going up at 12:00! Thanks!

5. Adrianna
    February 8, 2010 at 3:59 pm (8 years ago)

What I want to know is how could you be hiding all this goodness from us?! I love love love that chocolate room. The blinds look gorgeous with the wall color & those white curtains as well as the headboard are fab! WOWZAS I am dying to see the room in whole when you finish! (I even peep a pretty mirror?? in the corner) Are you going to gold leaf the lamps?

6. Sharstin
    February 8, 2010 at 11:04 pm (8 years ago)

so fabulous! love it!

7. Katie@Yoga Gal
    February 9, 2010 at 10:51 am (8 years ago)

We have bamboo shades just like yours in our bedroom!

Thanks for coming over to Yoga Gal, I am a new Follower. πŸ˜€ Those granite squares are AWESOME, I see them on HGTV all the time.

Katie πŸ™‚

8. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    February 9, 2010 at 11:29 am (8 years ago)

Ooooo, I like it all. But I’m going to have to agree with everyone on this one here, that chocolate room is divine.

9. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    February 9, 2010 at 11:30 am (8 years ago)

By the way, I came over here to grab your button and post it under my “friends and family” inspiration top bar thingy and you don’t have one! We need to remedy this asap.

10. Brooke
    February 11, 2010 at 10:59 am (8 years ago)

LAMPS! $5 bucks! What….Okay that is not fair! Where did you find that deal? Can’t wait to see the gold that you put to them…..