SCORE!!

I got 2 of these chairs this weekend for $25. No, not $25 each, I mean $25 TOTAL! Crazy, right? I know. They were actually supposed to be Lakeitha’s (from Home 2 3 Duncan Boys) but she changed her mind at the last minute and called to tell me I could have them (since I told her that I would have to slap her if she didn’t get them). Yes Ma’am! I had to meet the guy at his storage unit (which was all the way in the back and would’ve been very freaky except for the fact that I had my sister with me), and he was surprised that they would even go for $25 because they were green and old. He told me he “didn’t think anyone was decorating with green these days” . . . cute old man. He was just happy to be rid of them, and he only charged me $10 to deliver, even though I would’ve paid $25. Obviously, I couldn’t pass them up. I’ve never had a piece reupholstered and am very excited about tackling the process. My couch is a dark chocolate brown, and the walls are an oatmeal-ish color, so I’m thinking something slightly graphic with color, but I’m known to change my mind. I think nailhead trim is a must, too. I want to take my time and find something I’ll love for awhile, so I’ll start looking soon, but for now, they’re in my garage with my other projects, waiting for the big makeover.

Anyone have any tips I should know or consider before reupholstering? I’m open to fabric suggestions, and if you know of a upholsterer here in Atlanta that you’d recommend, I’d love his/her info!

ps–that is recycling in the back, and not trash thrown haphazardly in the garage. It’s a bit messy, but it’s for the environment!

24 Comments on SCORE!!

1. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    January 25, 2010 at 9:34 am (8 years ago)

no I didn’t let you have them….negative ned did! I didn’t have a say in it!!! I’m glad that you got them and I can’t wait tobsee what you do to them. and as far as fabric, I like the graphic idea. its the nailhead that got me wondering where they would go. I know you’ll keep me posted on them!

2. Erika @ BluLabel Bungalow
    January 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm (8 years ago)

Such a steal!! My aunt uses a guy out in Stone Mountain who is supposed to be reasonable. I haven’t tried him myself, but he did a great job on her sectional. I’ll call her and email the info to you along with some ideas for the piece.

3. Full House
    January 25, 2010 at 1:42 pm (8 years ago)

can’t wait to see what you do with them.

SCORE SCORE

4. Adrianna
    January 25, 2010 at 3:26 pm (8 years ago)

I love these types of chairs. They remind me of Hollywood glam. Can’t wait to see what you do with them!

January 25, 2010 at 3:31 pm (8 years ago)

I’ve seen some amazing chair makeovers on blogs, grapic print would be awesome.

I redid a chair myslef once it came out nice, but its a french style chair much less fabric and way less complicated then the chairs you have….GL – they are going to look very nice

January 25, 2010 at 3:33 pm (8 years ago)

Ooh, I forgot to say – you can always buy your own fabric online and save money on price per yard! And have them re-upholster it

7. autumn
    January 25, 2010 at 10:35 pm (8 years ago)

man, you score the best deals!
    send some of your luck my way.
    🙂

8. this blessed nest
    January 25, 2010 at 11:27 pm (8 years ago)

omg!

you lucky girl. yes, i think a graphic print would be great. i can’t believe the price!
    i’ve just been around your blog now for what a week??? and you already have me green with envy over all your thrifty scores!

hey, p.s. could you send me the link for your font/catagory/title things. no rush whenever you have time.

take care!

9. Symone's Mommy
    January 26, 2010 at 12:01 am (8 years ago)

Those are gorgeous!!! I agree w/ Mrs. Chic. I did the same w/ my couch. Bought fabric from Fabric.com for $3.99/yd then paid for upholstery. Check out their home fabric clearance.

10. P.S. I love this...
    January 26, 2010 at 12:47 am (8 years ago)

Those are BEAUTIFUL chairs! You definitely scored… $25.00 for TWO chairs, that’s awesome.

I was looking for videos for reupholstering, for wingbacks, and found a great video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FJEGVUyYg

I thought it was very helpful, especially for a first timer like me.

Good luck!

11. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle
    January 26, 2010 at 8:24 am (8 years ago)

Great chairs and only $25 for both! Gotta love a great deal like that. They would look great in a solid or a print. I can’t wait to see what you decide.

12. The Broke Socialite
    January 26, 2010 at 11:56 am (8 years ago)

Gasp. Swoon. Faint. I want these now! And why didn’t I know you are in Atlanta? We must get together soon!

13. paula
    January 26, 2010 at 6:04 pm (8 years ago)

they have the best lines. i am sure they will look fabulous.

14. Sharstin
    January 26, 2010 at 10:01 pm (8 years ago)

What?? Those are a fabulous find! Love the shape! can’t wait to see what you do with them~

15. nameisgrace
    January 26, 2010 at 11:11 pm (8 years ago)

hi! thanks for the comment. i’ve been on your blog for 2 seconds and am already jealous of your thrifty finds. can’t wait to see what you do!!!

16. Danielle @ Transforming Home
    January 26, 2010 at 11:27 pm (8 years ago)

Can’t wait to see how they turn out!
    How do you always find such great stuff? Are you a magnet for it or something?
    Danielle

17. thelennoxx
    January 27, 2010 at 10:07 am (8 years ago)

Reupholster? But… they are perfect??! At least in these photos. Beautiful fresh color.

18. JIN (J.Bride)
    January 27, 2010 at 11:12 pm (8 years ago)

CONGRATS ON THAT SCCORE! THOSE ARE AMAZING CHAIRS! CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM 🙂

PS: THANK U FOR ALWAYS VISITING MY BLOG

19. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    January 28, 2010 at 9:16 am (8 years ago)

Can’t wait to see what you do with those green beasties! I know it will be fab. I’m scared of reupholstering so you’ll have to give a tutorial once you tackle it.

20. Blueprint Bliss
    January 28, 2010 at 11:32 am (8 years ago)

Oh my gosh! I’m so jealous of your find!

21. Dayka (Life +Style)
    January 29, 2010 at 6:13 pm (8 years ago)

Thanks everyone for the accolades about my chairs! I am so excited to get them done, and get them in the living room. Kita, you are too funny!