A New Boutique!

Meet Candi. Can you see her there in the back? I met her yesterday when I stopped in her Inman Park boutique appropriately called “Authentique”. Isn’t that the cutest name??

IMG_3145.jpg

I was getting lunch with my sister at Pure Taqueria (if you love Mexican food, live in Atlanta, and haven’t been there, you’re missing out! DELICIOUS fish & shrimp tacos!!!!) and saw her shop across the street. She was so nice (and approachable!!!) and has some great stuff in her store, some sourced and some refinished. I like that it’s small with a casual vibe and reasonable prices, especially compared to some of the more well-known spots in Atlanta. Candi even let me in on a few of her secrets–I love it when owners are down-to-earth and approachable!!! But enough about that, let me show you around . . .
Here’s a closer look at some of the things I really loved.
LOVE these factory carts, and they’re just like the ones at Restoration Hardware, but without the crazy price tag. Lakeitha @ Swoon Worthy Boutique was just talking about busts yesterday! Here’s one I really like.
Hello, gorgeous!! These lamps reminded me a lot of the ones I refinished, but these are fly!
LOVE the bamboo lamps–LOVE. The shade, the style, the shape–everything. Pure perfection. I also love the stripped wood lamps, and I loved the black & white lampshades and small brass tables. (notice I keep saying “love” . . . are you picking up the fact that I really liked this store??) When I start sourcing for clients, which is ultimately one of the things I would like to do, you can bet I’ll be pulling stuff from here. If you stop by, please let her know I sent you!

**Also, as a little teaser I’ll let you know that I should have some very cool news next week, and I’m hoping that you all will be as excited as I am!!! Betcha’ can’t guess what it is . . . . 🙂

13 Comments on A New Boutique!

January 14, 2010 at 1:29 pm (8 years ago)

Very nice boutiqe!! The little gold table is so precious. I might have idea….are you going to sell some of your stuff in the boutique?? Just thinking out loud!

2. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    January 14, 2010 at 1:34 pm (8 years ago)

You tease. No I can’t guess so you need to tell me :). This was a fun post! It was like shopping with you while I munch on my lunch…at home…in my grungies. Wish I could be there in person..and looking much cuter than I currently am ;).

3. Dayka
    January 14, 2010 at 1:34 pm (8 years ago)

Hmmmmm . . . not quite! 🙂

January 14, 2010 at 1:38 pm (8 years ago)

LOL – hmmm, maybe that’s in the future then!

5. Adrianna
    January 14, 2010 at 3:17 pm (8 years ago)

That boutique has the bestest things! The black shades with the white stripes at the bottom are classy as hell. So chic. I’m gonna guess you are going to be in business with Candi?! As a furniture supplier?

6. Adrianna
    January 14, 2010 at 3:20 pm (8 years ago)

Ok I had to go back and look at the photos. I absolutely love the white owls!!!!!! The desk chair is ridonkulous too. I cold live in there for a few hours. No.Lie. And also if your revealing you are opening a bakery put me first for one of those chocolate cakes u made over the holidays. thx in advance.

7. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    January 14, 2010 at 4:57 pm (8 years ago)

Oh yeah! I have to stop in there when you get around to taking me!!! Can I guess what you’re going to do?! ummm…are you going to bleep bleep a bleep bleep bleep?!

8. Haven and Home
    January 14, 2010 at 7:22 pm (8 years ago)

I would love to own a store, this one is fabulous!

9. Dayka
    January 14, 2010 at 8:05 pm (8 years ago)

Beth–I wish you were here in person, too. We’d have a blast.

Adrianna-I’m not going to be a furniture supplier, but that is a thought for the future (Miss Chic got me to thinking about that earlier)! It’s DEFINITELY NOT a bakery, but if you’re ever in my ‘hood, let me know and I’ll whip you up a cake. 🙂

Lakeitha-no guesses for you!!!

10. Emily A. Clark
    January 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm (8 years ago)

Beautiful store! I’m a bit of a lamp addict anyway 🙂

Thanks for visiting my blog. Can’t wait to see your green desk. . . keep me posted!

11. LAURA!!!
    January 14, 2010 at 10:29 pm (8 years ago)

What a great shop! fun blog too! thanks for sharing!

12. Sharstin
    January 15, 2010 at 1:14 am (8 years ago)

i am drooling over this boutique! wish i could check it out in person!