It’s Complicated!

I saw the movie Friday night and loved it! I thought it was hilarious, well-written, hilarious, realistic, and did I say hilarious? John Krasinski (from The Office) is too funny, and if you haven’t seen it yet, I suggest you run to the theatre and catch it before you have to settle for DVD (or HBO). The house and bakery featured in the movie were AMAZING, like so much so that I thought about opening up a bakery for 2 hours–then the movie ended and I snapped back to real life, ’cause my area is furniture, not baking! Nancy Meyers, the writer, producer AND director is also the genius behind other great movies with amazing homes such as The Holiday (which I just realized I didn’t watch this year—boo.), Something’s Gotta Give, What Women Want, and Father of the Bride. OMG, this house is ridiculous–stereotypical Southern California, open floor plan, lush grounds, and a beautiful kitchen.

If you’d like to read more about Nancy Meyers, here’s the link to a great article written about her in the New York Times Magazine a few weeks ago. If you want to get to the real nitty gritty quickly, jump to page 4. BTW, did you know that the kitchen in Something’s Gotta Give was inspired by her personal kitchen?? Hello, gorgeous!!

10 Comments on It’s Complicated!

1. Kim A.
    January 12, 2010 at 10:14 am (8 years ago)

I loved the movie! And admired the kitchen and the bakery throughtout the entire movie. I, too, thought about opening a bakery and moving to California. Similar to you, reality hit once the credits rolled. Not to say it can’t happen…but it was a nice escape for a couple of hours. Great movie for a Sunday afternoon!

2. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    January 12, 2010 at 12:01 pm (8 years ago)

Love the movie and the kitchen and bakery…SWOON!!! Ahh the kitchen. the mix matched dishes, the different shades of whites and tans. I was in love. But, Something’s Gotta Give is my favorite!

3. karen@fitnessjourney
    January 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm (8 years ago)

I saw it on Sunday. The house was amazing, not to mention the garden-I want to be able to go out to my yard and pick tomatoes! What I loved about her house was the fact that it looked like someone actually lived there. If was perfectly imperfect.

4. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    January 12, 2010 at 1:38 pm (8 years ago)

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the movie and even if it sucked I want to see it just to see the house and bakery :). Thanks for sharing it with us.

January 12, 2010 at 1:38 pm (8 years ago)

I’ve been wanting to see this movie since Christmas! Love all the movie pics

6. SOUL PRETTY
    January 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm (8 years ago)

I saw it too…loved! What an amazing set…

7. Miss Mustard Seed
    January 12, 2010 at 10:25 pm (8 years ago)

I havn’t seen the movie, but I confess that there are some movies I would watch just to watch the house. I’m glad I’m not the only crazy one out there!

8. alissa
    January 12, 2010 at 11:07 pm (8 years ago)

I was also seriously considering opening a bakery after I saw the movie! I really liked the movie, but I LOVED the house & bakery (and garden!)design!

9. June Moon
    October 24, 2010 at 6:41 pm (7 years ago)

I’ve decided that I AM going to open up a bakery…this movie inspires me to do so.

10. Diva Style
    January 31, 2012 at 3:15 am (6 years ago)

I loved this movie, too! I could watch it over and over, lol. And the house was gorgeous!