“Precious” Wendy

Friday night I went to see the movie “Precious” with Wendy, a new friend from the CASA volunteer program.

The movie was really sad, but also very interesting. I was able to see it through a new lens since I’ve completed my training, but even without the “lens”, it’s a movie I recommend that every adult see. Sometimes we can get so caught up in our day-to-day lives (and those of our peer groups) that it’s very easy to forget that some of the people we live among have it bad–really bad, and not all of them will make it out of their situation, and not all of stories will make it to 20/20 or Oprah. These might not be people that you personally know, but you and I both probably pass at least one person on the street everyday who’s suffered through abuse. Like many of you, I’ve heard the stories of abuse, but never seen it this close–wow. I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen it, but if you have seen it, or plan on going, please let me know your thoughts–I’d love to get your feedback. I wasn’t particularly in love with the screenplay, but the acting is EXCELLENT. Check out the trailer . . .

courtsey of Lionsgate

And now back to my friend. Wendy is a Woman’s Wellness Coach in the southern metro area, who specializes in Holistic Care. She does everything from Diet Analysis and Life Coaching, to Cooking Classes, Supermarket/Health Food Tours, and Pantry Makeovers. She offers assistance in making the transition towards “vegetarian-ism” (I think I just made that up . . . ), and even teaches yoga!! She’s like a one-stop shop for women’s wellness, and as an added bonus, she’s engaging and very nice. She’s shared some great recipes on her blog as well, so check her out, and visit her website, too. It’s http://www.nourishingintelligence.com–I think the name is so fitting! Let her know you stopped by!

**I have edited this thing a MILLION times trying to get the photos and video straight, but it’s not working, so this is the best I can do. Sorry!

8 Comments on “Precious” Wendy

1. Symone's Mommy
    November 17, 2009 at 9:43 am (8 years ago)

I’m going Friday w/ a friend. Can’t wait. Great share, Dayka.

2. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    November 17, 2009 at 12:08 pm (8 years ago)

The acting was great! It was one scene that made me cry which was the deepest scene to me. That’s all I’m going to say…!

November 17, 2009 at 12:34 pm (8 years ago)

My husband and I want to go see this movie soon…I cry so easy will I need tissues?

4. Adrianna
    November 17, 2009 at 2:44 pm (8 years ago)

I can’t wait to see this movie! I’ve been waiting forever now. How true we walk past others or even know them personally who struggle with some kind of abuse.

And how useful would it be to have a wellness coach to teach us how to change our everyday habits? My life would be so different right now. Especially having knowledge about better food shopping.

5. Annette
    November 17, 2009 at 2:51 pm (8 years ago)

I plan to go with my 15 year old daughter as soon as I am up to it. It looks like a very touching movie.

6. Deanna Jackson
    November 17, 2009 at 5:44 pm (8 years ago)

I haven’t seen “Precious” yet but can’t wait to do so. I can tell from the previews that it will be sad but something that needs to be brought to light!

7. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    November 19, 2009 at 8:44 pm (8 years ago)

As a former school counselor and family counselor that sat in living rooms with families just like Precious’, this film touches my heart deeply. I haven’t seen it yet, but plan to. Thanks for sharing it with us.

8. Redesign Diva
    March 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm (8 years ago)

Ok I’m exploring, thanks for Wendy’s blog site, i want to try some veggie recipes, still not ready to give up the meat though.:) TFS

Kindle