My New Shoes

I bought these yesterday and I lurve them. I’m trying to get better about buying shoes, because I buy stuff I love but then I wear them OUT, so I need more of a rotation. I saw them in the aisle and they were calling my name. I really wanted them in red, but trying to walk around all day in the red size 8’s was not going to work, so I took the grey. I hate it when your shoes feel fine in the store, but once you get them home and wear them outside you realize you really should’ve got the next size up. So I sacrificed my original choice for the health and safety of my feet. And I will be very happy.
And ignore the plastic that’s on the lampshade in the background. I’m trying to live with them to see if they should stay, because they’re not quite white and it annoys me.

And while you’re browsing your favorite blogs today, be sure to stop by Beth’s @ The Stories of A to Z. She posted an exterior photo of her parent’s oceanside home yesterday and it’s nothing short of AMAZING. You’re not even going to believe people you actually know (in the blogging-sort of way) live there. There’s also a recipe for sweet potato biscuits (yum!), which are supposed to be to die for!

8 Comments on My New Shoes

1. L.Duncan@home23duncanboys
    November 11, 2009 at 10:57 am (8 years ago)

Girl those shoes SCREAM Beyonce! I think they are FAB!

P.S
    Please don’t wear those this weekend! Especially since I’ll probably have on some keds!!!

2. Dayka
    November 11, 2009 at 11:56 am (8 years ago)

I love a high heel and a platform! And trust, I WILL NOT be wearing those this weekend–I don’t want you to have to carry me to the car the first time we meet!! I will most likely be in my trusty flats, or maybe some boots, depending on the weather.

3. Deanna Jackson
    November 11, 2009 at 4:59 pm (8 years ago)

Dayka, I love your grey suede platforms. I have a weakness for beautiful shoes!!

Have a great weekend together, ladies!

4. Brooke
    November 11, 2009 at 6:42 pm (8 years ago)

Hi Dayka, I’m gonna say this and mean it! I soooo neeeeeed those shoes! Yes LAWD! They are hawt! And I am sure the red was hott as well. If you need someone to “test” them for ya, I will do so at no extra charge!

5. Beth@The Stories of A to Z
    November 13, 2009 at 9:45 am (8 years ago)

You will look pretty sexy sporting those beauties! I love them! (Also, thanks for the shout out.)

6. Annette
    November 13, 2009 at 3:15 pm (8 years ago)

Those shoes are HOT! And I am peeping your bedroom. If the colors on my computer aren’t fooling me, it looks just like the same colors I have chosen for my bedroom wall and bed coverlet and duvet. I will probably be doing a post this weekend about it. And I am having the same problem with a lampshade that I picked up in the store and thought was a bright white but once I put it on the lamp and turned on the light, it looks ivory. I can’t believe how hard it is to find two white drum shades at a reasonable price.

7. Dayka
    November 13, 2009 at 5:16 pm (8 years ago)

Annette, you are tellin’ the truth about those lampshades! I bought those at at Target on clearance for $13 (each), but they don’t really good with the white lamps. I’ve been trying them for awhile, but I think I’m going to take them back. I’ve found some shades I liked, but at $50, the shades are more than the lamps!!! For that price I could’ve bought a brand new set at Home Goods!